Vaccine ineffectiveness affects global markets

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
lisa jones

Vaccine ineffectiveness affects global markets

Post by lisa jones » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Global markets fall after Moderna Omicron warning

Stock markets around the world have fallen after the boss of Moderna cast doubts on the effectiveness of vaccines against the new Omicron Covid variant.

Stephane Bancel told the Financial Times he thought there would be a "material drop" in vaccine efficacy.

The Covid variant was first detected in South Africa, and the symptoms have been mild so far. But travel restrictions have been imposed as a precaution by places including the UK, the EU and the US.

Mr Bancel predicted that existing vaccines would be less effective in staving off Omicron, and that it would take months for drugs companies to update vaccines.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59426353
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Black Orchid

Re: Vaccine ineffectiveness affects global markets

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:10 pm

Omicron is very mild and people don't even know they have it, or have had it, until they are told. The 'vaccines' have stopped us from getting herd immunity because you can only reach herd immunity if you have a transmission blocking vaccine, which these are not.

ScoMo has the right idea this time. Let it go.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:10 pm
Omicron is very mild and people don't even know they have it, or have had it, until they are told. The 'vaccines' have stopped us from getting herd immunity because you can only reach herd immunity if you have a transmission blocking vaccine, which these are not.

I agree but when you say "let it go" are you telling me to let it go or are you saying it's time to let the virus just run its course?

(Sorry I'm cooking here and briefly looking at my iPhone for messages atm)
Last edited by lisa jones on Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:32 pm

Let the virus run its course.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:32 pm
Let the virus run its course.
✅

Bingo!

That's basically what the UK did yeah?

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:10 pm

That's the whole idea of herd immunity
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Prime Minister for Canyons

Post by Prime Minister for Canyons » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:39 pm

https://www.who.int/news/item/28-11-202 ... on-omicron

At the moment we just don't know enough so how about people hold off on making any firm predictions?

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Interesting link.

Recommended actions for people

The most effective steps individuals can take to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus is to keep a physical distance of at least 1 metre from others; wear a well-fitting mask; open windows to improve ventilation; avoid poorly ventilated or crowded spaces; keep hands clean; cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue; and get vaccinated when it’s their turn.

I'm doing everything except the vaccination bit.

Oh and I use lots of bleach and disinfectant and I'm washing clothes and towels all the time. I'm sterilising all utensils and crockery yadda yadda yadda. Also doing as much as I can online.

Our water and electricity bills are through the roof and I'm ready for a new washing machine and dishwasher 😩

Meantime my husband has been told he needs to get jab no 3. His Covid19 tests keep coming back negative thank God.

What a shitful time this is for everyone.

Don't know what else to say except: Do what you feel you must to stay safe.