IQ- PA Election Manifesto

This folder contains Archived threads.
IQS.RLOW

IQ- PA Election Manifesto

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Dear PA Voters,

Firstly, I would like to convey what an honour and a privilege it is to even be considered for the position of Administrator here at Political Animal (PA). :oops:

I have been a member here at this instance of PA since May 7th, 2008 not long after FD created the site. I was one of the first members of Ozpol. I have seen this site evolve through ups and downs and differing admin styles in that time.

Vision
My vision for PA is increasing diversity while maintaining our high tolerance of style and freedom of expression with light or no moderation. Under my stewardship I would implement a long term transition to a more open and welcoming place for new members and continue some of the privileges current active members enjoy.

I intend to offer an open place to encourage diversity of opinion and more members who truly want to be active participants in this forum and believe this will be healthy for the forum and the community in the longer term. I do however foresee some short term drawbacks but if we are successful will ensue the longevity of the forum and membership.

A key aspect of my platform will be how to achieve this vision and put some safeguards in place when individuals are not acting in line with this vision.
I believe in an appropriate public view of the site to any visitor or search bots that reflects the spirit of an open and lightly moderated forum that exercises a unique feature of elected administration. The reduction of publicly visible internal site shit-fights will be a key aspect of policy, to ensure this is maintained. No-one wants to see some of the crap we carry on with due to the historical nature of our relationships with ex or current members. However, I do think the freedom to freely express oneself and engage in direct confrontation that is not debating a topic but playing the man should be maintained, a basic PA privilege.

To allow this to occur without creating noise in the key political and off topic forums, which would turn off any new reader before getting to the core debating threads and to know us, the Sparta sub-forum will be the only place this can occur. This area will be open to all members. This sub-forum will be very lightly moderated. Fend for yourselves.

It is important that the current long term membership have a place to discuss forum matters with the administration team. So all members that have access now will keep that access for this purpose. This sub-forum will not be visible to non-members and will be accessed by a password provided by the administration team. It is by invitation only.

I will introduce a new sub-forum at the end of the list called “Forum Matters” or “Notice Board” that will be used to post information to keep members informed of board matters. This sub-forum will be visible to the public but only editable by the administration team.
Forum down time or notices on glitches will be posted here.

In the event a member is suspended or banned, there will be a thread that will be updated with the reason for such action. I believe the reason for such action should be known to the member so they can read it and heed it. Not knowing why you were suspended is not fair and we will be transparent. On return from a suspension, they can debate it then.

I am NOT in favour of bannings, never have been, however if a member persistently demonstrates they are not behaving in the spirit of the vision (e.g. shitfights in public sub-forums, thread fucking) then I have no problem with banning them.

Moderators
I will decide the moderation team and it will be based on merit, not what genitals you have or are.

I will empower them to be the guardians of taste with my full support.

We will have a simple policy. The moderators will have full authority to move, delete, lock and change any post or suspend a member that is deemed by any moderator to be inappropriate. Only I have the power to issue a permanent ban.

I am not going to set hard and fast rules. This is not Ozpol. I will rely on the moderator to use their experience and judgement to make the rights calls in the interest of achieving the vision.

Position on Banned Members
Reinstating of banned members will be on a case by case basis.
If a banned member wishes reinstatement, they are free to put forward their proposal on why they should be unbanned and how they will modify the behaviour that lead to their ban. I will be the judge, jury and executioner.

I also will insist that new members be free from unnecessary personal attack just because they are new. Everyone needs to settle in before too much rough and tumble.

Sox are not a problem provided they also respect the simple rules of behavior.

I don’t expect love and moonbeams, I expect the areas to remain free of this nonsense as I have described. The other advantage is, with everyone in one place, they will all be free to express themselves without fear of heavy moderation and interference, provided it is in Sparta.

Vote for IQ for continued stability and no surprises
My esteemed fellow nominee has at the heart of his platform, a large ballast of sewerage filled to the brim and ready to not only spill over everything, but the capability to tip and sink the PA ship with a return to instability by reinstating banned members that have proven, by their continued attacks on this forum from afar. The decisions by Skip have lead to major improvements to the forum and a decided decrease in overall angst that is a constant flow when the banned were here.

My college has has past form in making bad decisions. He lobbied the previous admin to not only reinstate a banned member but gave him a mod position which of course turned into a disaster. I believe he has good intentions but his election will do nothing but pave the roads of PA and we may as well call this place hell itself.

I have outlined a vision for PA and a transition process to the land of milk and honey. I am realistic and know there will be issues and challenges. I appeal for your commitment to the long term survival and health of the forum. Through this process we have a chance to attract members, address old wounds and create diversity. Diverse opinions stimulate debate. Debate is what this site is all about without fear or favor.

PA revival is possible – What do we really have to lose?
Everything if my associate is elected!

I have the ability to oversee the forum and make sure conservative principles are applied to any changes so that slow and sure progress is made, not empty promises and a shrug of the shoulders should it fall in a heap.

Vote 1 – IQ

Luv and Kisses
IQS.RLOW

PS: Happy to tell you to get fucked.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Black Orchid

Re: IQ- PA Election Manifesto

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:27 pm

How would the cases be heard re the banned members?

Would that have to personally request reinstatement?

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Nice platform. Now I'm undecided who I will vote for.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:31 pm

PS: Happy to tell you to get fucked too IQ.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Black Orchid wrote:How would the cases be heard re the banned members?

We ALL voted (privately to Skippy) to ban them so IF they want back, it should be up to The Members to vote .... on an individual basis, if necessary. :mrgreen:

I think PA is better with out that lot.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:35 pm

They would have to personally request reinstatement and advise their contrition for their past bad behaviour and how they will address that behaviour moving forward.

Any reinstatemnent will be discussed at length with the current membership and their counsel will be used in any decision making.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:38 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:

They would have to personally request reinstatement and advise their contrition for their past bad behaviour and how they will address that behaviour moving forward.

Any reinstatemnent will be discussed at length with the current membership and their counsel will be used in any decision making.
You mean MAKE THEM BEG ... :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Well it is obvious how much they detest PA and all its members. If they DO want to return they need to have a good reason after all the lies and trouble they keep causing.

Fair's fair.

If they want to stop the antagonistic and hateful vitriol well .... that remains to be seen.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
IQS.RLOW wrote:

You mean MAKE THEM BEG ... :rofl
They must prove to me and the membership they have learnt the error of their ways.

I believe some people are capable of rehabilitation, but like any rehabilitation process the offenders must acknowledge their faults and reconcile them.

That being said, I also believe some people cannot be rehabilitated and the death penalty should be applied.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:54 pm

I will introduce a new sub-forum at the end of the list called “Forum Matters” or “Notice Board” that will be used to post information to keep members informed of board matters. This sub-forum will be visible to the public but only editable by the administration team.
Forum down time or notices on glitches will be posted here.
Good idea! If we can see it during down time lol