We’ll discover alien life in next decade,

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Super Nova

Re: We’ll discover alien life in next decade,

Post by Super Nova » Wed May 20, 2015 7:31 pm

miketrees wrote:I think we pretty much have already found life from other planets.

I believe in the panspermia theory, that Earth became seeded from microbes in space.
I can buy into that theory however I do favour it spontaneously initiated on Earth with all the ingredients being available from space. The earth had the ideal volume and temperature, an abundance of water, chemicals ...etc. So I favour it was created here. The building block could have come from space as complex near organic molecules but was not life Jim, not as we know it.

However, the Universe was around for a much longer time than our solar system and matter can move between systems ... so... it had a chance to evolve elsewhere and find it's way here.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

boxy

Post by boxy » Wed May 20, 2015 11:40 pm

I think the most likely medium for panspermia is the rise of intelligent beings, who start throwing stuff into space. Stuff full of microbes :lol:
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu May 21, 2015 6:18 pm

miketrees wrote:I think we pretty much have already found life from other planets.

I believe in the panspermia theory, that Earth became seeded from microbes in space.

NOBODY REALLY KNOWS. That's the whole point.

What "life" on other planets, Mike? Grubs, insects? Wind that moves dirt around?

Americans are so engaged with the sighting of UFOs. They are hell bent on imagining that some Outer space intelligent lot are wanting to infiltrate the US of A and "kidnap" the most intelligent so that they can share that intelligence with the Outer space "aliens" and take over the USA (called The World by the Yanks).

The Yanks are definitely delusional.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 21, 2015 7:09 pm

With over one hundred billion galaxies in our observable universe and God knows how many universes out there, is it realistic to think that 'we' are the ultimate in intelligent lifeforms?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu May 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Black Orchid wrote:With over one hundred billion galaxies in our observable universe and God knows how many universes out there, is it realistic to think that 'we' are the ultimate in intelligent lifeforms?
There is NO GOD. Sorry.

There are no little green men with intelligence more advanced than the average College Graduate in the US of A either.

boxy

Post by boxy » Thu May 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Black Orchid wrote:With over one hundred billion galaxies in our observable universe and God knows how many universes out there, is it realistic to think that 'we' are the ultimate in intelligent lifeforms?
Sadly, it could be true :P
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu May 21, 2015 7:42 pm

GOD?

Where/when did God and Science merge?

You believe in God (and Heaven. etc) or you do NOT.

If you are thinking that there is another LIFE out there in the distance ... stars, whatever .... and you may end up "living" there. You are as delusional as those who think they will die and go to a place called Heaven!

boxy

Post by boxy » Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 pm

I doubt anyone here thinks that colonisation of space will happen in their lifetime. Nor do they base their everyday life on pleasing some potential/probable alien lifeform.

So your comparison to religion is nowhere near accurate.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Neferti~ wrote:GOD?

Where/when did God and Science merge?

You believe in God (and Heaven. etc) or you do NOT.

If you are thinking that there is another LIFE out there in the distance ... stars, whatever .... and you may end up "living" there. You are as delusional as those who think they will die and go to a place called Heaven!
It was just an offhand saying. "God only knows". It wasn't supposed to be taken literally.

Who said anything about living in space?

Settle down!

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Fri May 22, 2015 12:42 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Americans are so engaged with the sighting of UFOs. They are hell bent on imagining that some Outer space intelligent lot are wanting to infiltrate the US of A and "kidnap" the most intelligent so that they can share that intelligence with the Outer space "aliens" and take over the USA (called The World by the Yanks).

The Yanks are definitely delusional.
I see many photos of alleged UFOs from places like China and South America.