Alien ‘Megastructures’ Orbiting Star Near The Milky Way

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Neferti

Re: Alien ‘Megastructures’ Orbiting Star Near The Milky Way

Post by Neferti » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:28 pm

boxy wrote:Believing that alien intelligences are out there does not require you to believe they have visited this little planet.
"They" (on the History Channel) state that the Pyramids, Easter Island, Mayans, the Aztecs and various other famous structures were "probably" built by "aliens". Purely because they can NOT understand (or explain) that "humans" could do that sort of building back in the "olden days" when they didn't have computers. Musta been "aliens". :roll

I do not believe it. "They" talk crap.
Do you have any idea how big the universe is, Naff naff?
Sure, I do. What has that got to do with "aliens" who can build stuff and float around in UFOs checking us out?

Do you think Earth is younger than the other planets?

Did God create these other planets and install "aliens" to spy on us?

Many people I know would absolutely LOVE to find out that there is another planet with aliens living, breathing and creating cities and so forth who ... if we are "nice" ... will infiltrate Earth and teach us a thing or three.

I think we have more fear of invading Muslims than Aliens from Outa Space.

boxy

Post by boxy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Then "they" are idiots, and you should stop paying good money for crap programming :P
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
skippy wrote:If there is intelligent life forms present in outer space, which I kind of hope, think, believe there probably is, it is likely they are more advanced than that on Earth and may not use the radio signals us mere mortals are searching for, isn't it?
Do you still hug trees, Skip? :mrgreen:

Who built the pyramids? Aliens?

Why didn't they settle on "Earth"? If they are so smart, why aren't they here, ... :
How do you know they're not here?

You can't see bacteria, does that mean they're not here?

We're obsessed with exploring space, but don't even know what's at the depths of the oceans on our own planet.
Which top be honest I think we should prioritise exploration in over outer space.

I've seen objects that as far as I know defy our current technical aviation abilities 4 times.
Then later learnt I'm in a supposed UFO hotspot.

Years later I figured, "OK, they're here, so why are they here? ... what do they want?"
Then I considered the ilmenite mine in a volcanic crator aprox 30km to my North West, and thought
"It must be the titanium, because if I was a space man, I'd build my ship out of titanium"
Titanium has impressive qualities. It's super strong, light in weight, flexible, dissipates heat instantly and is resistant to chemical erosion.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:42 am

boxy wrote:Then "they" are idiots, and you should stop paying good money for crap programming :P

That sort of programming has gotten out of hand. It seems that kind of crap gets eyeballs. There is one high profile channel that went over to crap almost exclusively a few years back that I read is backing off. Can't recall which one it is however ...

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:52 am

This story is still getting traction and scientists are not discounting that aliens could be involved.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:45 am

I turn over the channel as soon as they say "could aliens have........"

What a load of shit.

People really have no clue how ingenious our species is and Pyramids can be built without modern technology.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:44 am

The "comet theory" used to explain the "alien megastructures" star has been disproved because the star has been dimming for more than a century. The “century-long dimming trend requires an estimated 648,000 giant comets (each with 200 km diameter) all orchestrated to pass in front of the star within the last century,”

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:17 pm

I will get excited if they discover some radio transmissions.

Until then, look for a natural explanation. Maybe it is a big ring like that of Saturn instead around a sun after a massive collision recently.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.