Levitate this

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
AnaTom

Re: Levitate this

Post by AnaTom » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:29 am

This is good fun.
Super Nova wrote:Well electricity is the movement of electrons.
Ok so, get your garden hose and turn it on, look at the end of the pipe, there you see flow. Do the same with your kettle cord, what do you see?. Nothing. There is no flow. There is no 'electricity;.

Instead, what you see is this:

Lets call this the Babel Effect (Tower of Babel)

This is electricity>

Its is safe, self organising, unaffected by gravity, needs no container or wire and powerful.

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 am

"In case you've somehow missed it, the EM Drive is a propulsion system that can hypothetically produce thrust just by bouncing microwaves back and forth within its cavity. That means no heavy propellants (such as rocket fuel) need to be carried on board, and its inventor, Roger Shawyer, predicts that the drive could make it to Mars in just 72 days. That's all well and good in theory, but the problem is that modern physics can't explain how the EM Drive could work.

Babel?

http://www.sciencealert.com/china-is-cl ... mitstart=1

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:10 am

I havent leaked any of this.

So, we aren't the only ones.

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Super Nova wrote:The Great Pyramids do appear to align to some constellations if you roll back the position of the earth 3,000 years but
some of the stellar bodies have moved with us. They are still in the same patch of sky.

Or something like that.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:33 am

EM drive eh.... nothing peer reviewed yet, no real understanding apparently of how it works... I have a theory. Funny though my microwave has not moved a measurable distance.
The questions are... how far and at what speed if at all?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Rorschach wrote:EM drive eh.... nothing peer reviewed yet, no real understanding apparently of how it works... I have a theory. Funny though my microwave has not moved a measurable distance.
The questions are... how far and at what speed if at all?
My guess is, that when they make it work, they will reverse engineer the maths and language that explain it.

Thats probly how a lot of it comes about.

Even Einstein did that. Perhaps his wife did not. She bested him anyway. Just didnt last.

The language of 'evolution".

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Does anyone know why what Ive just exposed is the case??

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:11 am

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:04 pm

AnaTom wrote:.
"In case you've somehow missed it, the EM Drive is a propulsion system that can hypothetically produce thrust just by bouncing microwaves back and forth within its cavity. That means no heavy propellants (such as rocket fuel) need to be carried on board, and its inventor, Roger Shawyer, predicts that the drive could make it to Mars in just 72 days. That's all well and good in theory, but the problem is that modern physics can't explain how the EM Drive could work.

Babel?

http://www.sciencealert.com/china-is-cl ... mitstart=1
When it is proven to work I'll believe it then.

You appear to like the mumbo-jumbo science without a real appreciation of physics. I am a firm believer that we do not know much yet. We have discovered very powerful theories that explain most of what we see but still do not understand the universe. So I do expect some things to eventually be discovered that cannot be explained and we will need to rewrite some of our theories/models of the universe. However, until they are peer reviewed and validated in tests, they are not much really. However we need to push the boundaries and these ideas help with that.

They need to be proven. If it is not testable physics then it will never be accepted and will not add to our knowledge of everything. (except to be eliminated)
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

AnaTom

Post by AnaTom » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:13 pm

Super Nova wrote:You appear to like the mumbo-jumbo science without a real appreciation
Well, yes and no.

I can't do math. Well, anything above basic grade 6 stuff.

:rofl

But

What I was suggesting was not the Tower of Babel incident.

Your reply was close though SN

Give my question a shot.