When Will The Planet Be Too Hot For Humans

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Super Nova

When Will The Planet Be Too Hot For Humans

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:04 am

Best article I have read on the topic.

I do not understand the climate change deniers and I call them out of irresponsible denialists.

It is a very long article........ the link is here.
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandsc ... spartanntp

When Will The Planet Be Too Hot For Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine

. ‘Doomsday’
Peering beyond scientific reticence.
It is, I promise, worse than you think. If your anxiety about global warming is dominated by fears of sea-level rise, you are barely scratching the surface of what terrors are possible, even within the lifetime of a teenager today.
And yet the swelling seas — and the cities they will drown — have so dominated the picture of global warming, and so overwhelmed our capacity for climate panic, that they have occluded our perception of other threats, many much closer at hand. Rising oceans are bad, in fact very bad; but fleeing the coastline will not be enough.
Indeed, absent a significant adjustment to how billions of humans conduct their lives, parts of the Earth will likely become close to uninhabitable, and other parts horrifically inhospitable, as soon as the end of this century....................

READ the link.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Bobby

Re: When Will The Planet Be Too Hot For Humans

Post by Bobby » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 am

Global warming Is a Blatant Lie & this Short video proves it .

And this one too:

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Spent too much time in the desert kingdom have you SN?

DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Experts said Arctic sea ice would melt entirely by September 2016 -
they were wrong .

Sarah Knapton, Science Editor

8 October 2016 • 8:57am

Dire predictions that the Arctic would be devoid of sea ice by September this year have proven to be unfounded after latest satellite images showed there is far more now than in 2012.

Scientists such as Prof Peter Wadhams, of Cambridge University, and Prof Wieslaw Maslowski, of the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, have regularly forecast the loss of ice by 2016, which has been widely reported by the BBC and other media outlets.

Prof Wadhams, a leading expert on Arctic sea ice loss, has recently published a book entitled A Farewell To Ice in which he repeats the assertion that the polar region would free of ice in the middle of this decade.

As late as this summer, he was still predicting an ice-free September.

Yet, when figures were released for the yearly minimum on September 10, they showed that there was still 1.6 million square miles of sea ice (4.14 square kilometres), which was 21 per cent more than the lowest point in 2012.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016 ... ember-201/

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Oh ans SN, we all know Flim-Flannery has never been right.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:30 pm

It's unlikely to be too hot for human habitation. It will, however, be changed to fuck up our current agricultural systems. It will cost us much more to deal with it, is all. Costs in dollars, effort, and life.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:49 pm

boxy wrote:It's unlikely to be too hot for human habitation. It will, however, be changed to fuck up our current agricultural systems. It will cost us much more to deal with it, is all. Costs in dollars, effort, and life.
RU Nostradamus the second? :mrgreen:

I'd be more interested whether the rain will come next Summer (Winter or Spring). NOBODY KNOWS ... Get it?

boxy

Post by boxy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Sure, it's a chaotic system. What's not to get?
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 am

As far as Global Warming here is the thing....

The problem used to be CO2.

But now it is CH4.

There are massive amounts of CH4 in Gel Form at the bottom of all the worlds seas and oceans as well locked within Arctic Permafrost and at the bottom of Arctic lakes.

CO2 has increased the global temps. to a point that CH4 is now bubbling up from the oceans and Arctic lake bottoms as CH4 gas and it is also bubbking out as gas from Arctic permafrost.

CH4 Gas holds heat in the Earth's atmosphere 72 TIMES GREATER THAN CO2.

We have already passed a threshold and NOTHING we do will stop Global Warming at this point.

The U.S. Navy is already evacuating a number of Pacific Island Nations as even moderate storm surges are causing salt water to cover entire islands thus making the growing of crops impossible.

Warrior.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 am

I have heard that it is getting hotter true. But it is also getting wetter. More rain. Hopefully more trees will grow and deserts bloom. Dinosaurs roamed a very hot earth that was lush with life and extra oxygen to make them grow big.