No Grand Solar Minimum now

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Jovial Monk

Re: No Grand Solar Minimum now

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:54 pm

The Maunder GSM did not cool the globe by 1°C. More like 0.2°C. Which AGW will wipe out in a decade.

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:47 am

Jovial Monk wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:54 pm
The Maunder GSM did not cool the globe by 1°C. More like 0.2°C. Which AGW will wipe out in a decade.
Did the lockdowns manage to bring about a cooling effect on the globe, with all those cars off the road? Pollution levels came down. Birds came back to the cities. There was a profound effect of change with people not flying planes or driving cars very much. But, did the average global temperatures come down at all because of it?

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:50 pm

A slight drop in the rate of increase of CO2 emissions is all. No cooling.

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 pm

So, why is it that every year, we hear more and more about global warming because of all the CO2 emissions? But a year where the cities are cleared up with lockdowns, there is no claims of global cooling?

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:14 pm

Because CO2 emissions still increased if at a rate 8% lower than pre-covid. Besides which it takes 21 years to see any effect of CO2 increase/decrease.

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:46 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:14 pm
Because CO2 emissions still increased if at a rate 8% lower than pre-covid. Besides which it takes 21 years to see any effect of CO2 increase/decrease.
This basically concludes that we should be waiting at least 20 years before we claim that a hot weather event is the result of global warming. The Chicken Littles out there just cannot come to the conclusion that we have hot weather and cold weather year in and year out.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:56 pm

No because present warming is the result of emissions early this century.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:07 pm
Super Nova wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:26 pm
I don't understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that we need to consider that the solar minimum has started "This period has started in the Sun in 2020 and will last until 2053." and we need to consider this when we think about global warming. if this is ,minimum drops the northern hemisphere by up to 1 degree C then what will happen when the minimum is over.

I reference the following report; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7575229/

Conclusions
In this editorial, I have demonstrated that the recent progress with understanding a role of the solar background magnetic field in defining solar activity and with quantifying the observed magnitudes of magnetic field at different times allowed us to enable reliable long-term prediction of solar activity on a millennium timescale. This approach revealed a presence of not only 11-year solar cycles but also of grand solar cycles with duration of 350–400 years. We demonstrated that these grand cycles are formed by the interferences of two magnetic waves with close but not equal frequencies produced by the double solar dynamo action at different depths of the solar interior. These grand cycles are always separated by grand solar minima of Maunder minimum type, which regularly occurred in the past forming well-known Maunder, Wolf, Oort, Homeric, and other grand minima.

During these grand solar minima, there is a significant reduction of solar magnetic field and solar irradiance, which impose the reduction of terrestrial temperatures derived for these periods from the analysis of terrestrial biomass during the past 12,000 or more years. The most recent grand solar minimum occurred during Maunder Minimum (1645–1710), which led to reduction of solar irradiance by 0.22% from the modern one and a decrease of the average terrestrial temperature by 1.0–1.5°C.

This discovery of double dynamo action in the Sun brought us a timely warning about the upcoming grand solar minimum 1, when solar magnetic field and its magnetic activity will be reduced by 70%. This period has started in the Sun in 2020 and will last until 2053. During this modern grand minimum, one would expect to see a reduction of the average terrestrial temperature by up to 1.0°C, especially, during the periods of solar minima between the cycles 25–26 and 26–27, e.g. in the decade 2031–2043.

The reduction of a terrestrial temperature during the next 30 years can have important implications for different parts of the planet on growing vegetation, agriculture, food supplies, and heating needs in both Northern and Southern hemispheres. This global cooling during the upcoming grand solar minimum 1 (2020–2053) can offset for three decades any signs of global warming and would require inter-government efforts to tackle problems with heat and food supplies for the whole population of the Earth.

Thanks SN,
that confirms what David DuByne has been saying.
I'll post it at my MRB.

cheers
Bobby
Just ignore the Drunk Bobby. He's full of shit.

Anyway why I've posted here is this : Could you please explain to me why the forum's Drunk constantly refers to this David Dubayne figure all the time and in such a derogatory way?
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:30 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Anyway why I've posted here is this : Could you please explain to me why the forum's Drunk constantly refers to this David Dubyne figure all the time and in such a derogatory way?

David DuByne claimed that we were entering a grand solar minimum which would cause a mini ice age.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:30 pm
lisa jones wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Anyway why I've posted here is this : Could you please explain to me why the forum's Drunk constantly refers to this David Dubyne figure all the time and in such a derogatory way?

David DuByne claimed that we were entering a grand solar minimum which would cause a mini ice age.
Oh really ? Is he a scientist or something? I always thought he was some poster from somewhere that was fighting with Drunk.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk