Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:57 am

DNA analysis shows Griffin Warrior ruled his Greek homeland
The Bronze Age leader was from the region he would come to rule
Date:
August 25, 2022
Source:
University of Cincinnati
Summary:
Using new scientific tools, archaeologists discovered that an ancient Greek leader known today as the Griffin Warrior likely grew up around the seaside city he would one day rule. The findings are part of three new studies that examined the ancient DNA of the Griffin Warrior and 726 other people who lived before and during the Bronze Age to learn more about their origins and movements across three continents surrounding the Mediterranean Sea.

Using new scientific tools, University of Cincinnati archaeologists discovered that an ancient Greek leader known today as the Griffin Warrior likely grew up around the seaside city he would one day rule.

The findings are part of three new studies published in the journal Science that examined the ancient DNA of the Griffin Warrior and 726 other people who lived before and during the Bronze Age to learn more about their origins and movements across three continents surrounding the Mediterranean Sea.

Led by researchers from Harvard University and co-authored by experts from around the world, the papers demonstrate that between 5,000 and 7,000 years ago, people with ancestry from the Caucasus, a region between the Black and Caspian seas, moved west into Anatolia (now Turkey) and north into the steppe of Eastern Europe. Then around 5,000 years ago, people from Eastern Europe spread out across the European continent and into Western Asia and back to the Caucasus. They joined local populations, "creating a tapestry of diverse ancestry from which speakers of the Greek, Paleo-Balkan and Albanian languages arose."

"When we look at the rise of Mycenaean civilization, the ancient DNA supports the notion that it was a local phenomenon, not something imported from the outside," said co-author Jack Davis, a UC Classics professor and department head.

"The development of the state by the Mycenaean was indigenous to Greece," Davis said.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 163957.htm
http://www.griffinwarrior.org/
Showing archeological findings... lots of pictures.

Background on who Nestor is...

Now as to my radical claim... I reckon that Nestor is the Griffin Warrior! :OMG
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."