Science Academia Topic

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Jasin

Science Academia Topic

Post by Jasin » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:00 pm

Well for starters to open this Topic up... here's a real pearler of an introduction to Academia (via Physics experience).

A very strange, odd but somehow very fascinating insight into Academia.
Now I've known about this for a few decades - but this take on it is very efficient, informative and personal to the person doing it: Sabine Hossenfelder.

It starts off like a personal whine, especially with the insight of 'sexism' which is pretty awful and exploitive of women in an unfair way. Reminds me of Edison getting all the credit when x50 people worked for peanuts under him and did the hard yards 'science' wise, rather than 'business'.

Then the clip gets into the nitty-gritty and shows how Academia (and I can assure you, this isn't just a German or European problem. It's especially bad in N.America, Australia and Asia - with Australian Uni's being more 'business' centres, than Educational or Academic these days)... is basically just a 'mainstream' priority of business and money making.

Anyway - sit back and be amazed by an authentic personal account about how the Universe of Academia can be like a Black Hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKiBlGDfRU8