• NRL 2022 •

Have a chat here and this is also where you start Petitions. Current election Threads will also be here. Some old election Threads are also here.
lisa jones

Re: • NRL 2022 •

Post by lisa jones » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:53 pm

Tonight's games are 👇

My 2 fav teams (Bunnies and Bulldogs) are NOT playing so I don't care who wins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:13 pm

The Tigers were robbed today. I barrack for the Cowboys. But, they did not deserve the win today.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:33 am

UnSubRocky wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:13 pm
The Tigers were robbed today. I barrack for the Cowboys. But, they did not deserve the win today.
OMG! You watched it too! Our eyes were glued to the screen up to and after full time! That's when the game went crazy. It was better than a Grand Final!

It was supposedly all over at the last minute with the Tigers winning but a challenge by the Cowboys proved successful. That last field goal gave the Cowboys their unbelievable win.

(For the record : I thought the Cowboys deserved to win. Why? The challenge was right to proceed IMO as the replay did show an obstruction by a Tiger's player)

Note : Neither team is my fav but the game was just too good.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:45 am

I was quite disappointed by the standard of the Cowboys. The post-State of Origin hangover should have been slept off by this week, with a full-strength Cowboys team. The boys started off with a try in the first 2 minutes. I was thinking that this could end up being 50-nil. But, I walked upstairs from the mowing to find that the scoreline had gone to 18-6 in favour of the Tigers.

I saw a few forward passes by the Tigers, one that lead to that try in the dying minute. The Cowboys should have had that try awarded with that dropped ball by the Tigers. And the final play, the Tigers player that took the ball actually did a voluntary tackle. It would have been a penalty, in either case. You do not need 4 players going for the ball, one of which got in the way of the Cowboy player. It was technically the correct decision. But, only just correct.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:06 am

UnSubRocky wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:45 am
I was quite disappointed by the standard of the Cowboys. The post-State of Origin hangover should have been slept off by this week, with a full-strength Cowboys team. The boys started off with a try in the first 2 minutes. I was thinking that this could end up being 50-nil. But, I walked upstairs from the mowing to find that the scoreline had gone to 18-6 in favour of the Tigers.

I saw a few forward passes by the Tigers, one that lead to that try in the dying minute. The Cowboys should have had that try awarded with that dropped ball by the Tigers. And the final play, the Tigers player that took the ball actually did a voluntary tackle. It would have been a penalty, in either case. You do not need 4 players going for the ball, one of which got in the way of the Cowboy player. It was technically the correct decision. But, only just correct.
Ahhh so that WAS a forward pass! I thought it was and so did hubby who reckons that if it slips through quickly to a try and no one has stopped it in its tracks the second it occurs then it's too late to do anything about it. ( I ask questions as we watch because I don't know all the rules )

So anyway ... that Tiger's try should never have been allowed but the forward pass took place too fast so it slipped through. And this kind of try happens a lot apparently across all teams.

The full time siren was the end of a close game. Except it wasn't. OMG we were screaming here. We just couldn't believe our eyes.

The amazing turnaround AFTER the game ended!

Full time siren --> game over --> Tigers jumping up and down because they won --> Tigers lying down ready to die because they couldn't believe what had happened. Oh and did you see this 1 Tiger player pushing the Ref around with this sentence : I want to challenge the challenge <----😂🤣😆 The Ref told him it's not happening and then ordered him to stand back 😎

The Replay slowed down and stopped exactly where the obstruction took place. So yeah I thought it was a successful challenge too.

Bloody amazing football. Oh and hubby reckoned one of the Tiger tries was made by a bloody Forward! All I saw was this fit guy who didn't look all that huge to me ... running like a machine from 1 end of the paddock to the other. Incredible stuff.

God I'm glad my 2 fav teams weren't involved lol. It would have been too much for me 😂🤣😆

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:04 pm

We're watching Manly vs Roosters right now.

Second half - Manly is losing 6 : 20

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:09 pm

We're currently watching the game.

Sharks vs St George

24 to 16

10 minutes to go.

Hubby picked the Sharks to win in the footy tip competition at work too 👌

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:41 pm

We've been watching our team Sth Sydney thrash Parramatta tonight!

26 vs nil

2 minutes to go.

I think I can safely conclude that our team has won 🥳