Taxi Cabs & Ubers & Covid19

Have a chat here and this is also where you start Petitions. Current election Threads will also be here. Some old election Threads are also here.
lisa jones

Taxi Cabs & Ubers & Covid19

Post by lisa jones » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:23 am

I have a few questions which I'd like to ask those PA members who post here in good faith and with good intentions.

Here's my scenario:

Let's say I needed to catch a taxi OR an Uber (these are my 2 choices).

Let's assume that both rides would cost me the same.

Which option would be safer? Why would it be safer?

Also ...are the Covid19 safety protocols for taxi cabs and Uber cars the same? Or do they differ? If they differ then which safety protocols wrt Covid19 are more stringent?
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

lisa jones

Re: Taxi Cabs & Ubers & Covid19

Post by lisa jones » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:24 pm

Aussie could you have a go at answering this?
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

The Grappler

Post by The Grappler » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:35 pm

Always supported taxi drivers for the simple reason that you pay for what you get, and I totally disagree with undercutting the proper rates in any way.

Some taxi drivers are snakes, though, same as some Uber. :D :D :D

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 am

The Grappler wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:35 pm
Always supported taxi drivers for the simple reason that you pay for what you get, and I totally disagree with undercutting the proper rates in any way.

Some taxi drivers are snakes, though, same as some Uber. :D :D :D
Grappler!!! Great to see you online here.

Fair comment too.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 am

I posted this in my OP

"Also ...are the Covid19 safety protocols for taxi cabs and Uber cars the same? Or do they differ? If they differ then which safety protocols wrt Covid19 are more stringent?"

Does anyone know?

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:13 am

lisa jones wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 am
I posted this in my OP

"Also ...are the Covid19 safety protocols for taxi cabs and Uber cars the same? Or do they differ? If they differ then which safety protocols wrt Covid19 are more stringent?"

Does anyone know?
They are the same in Qld. No idea about other States.

No longer required in Qld.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:48 am

Aussie wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:13 am
lisa jones wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 am
I posted this in my OP

Does anyone know?
They are the same in Qld. No idea about other States.

No longer required in Qld.
Ok so let's consider QLD (where the same rules apply for both Taxi and Uber rides).

This is the scenario :

An employee comes to work. This employee is triple jabbed (as per workplace requirements).

During the day he/she finds they're feeling unwell. A temperature is taken. It reads 38. A RAT test is taken. It comes up positive.

That employee needs to go home and rest. Said employee usually travels to and from work by train. The workplace pays for a taxi to take said employee straight home.

The following question arises : is the workplace legally obliged to inform the taxi company that the client that's about to get into one of their cars is Covid19 positive?

• This scenario occurred at my husband's workplace a few months back. I'll tell you later what happened.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:12 pm

I am unaware if any statutory requirement about notification....as it was just a RAT test.

However, my initial thought is that there likely would be a civil duty of care to notify, a breach of which could base an action for negligence.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:26 pm

Aussie wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:12 pm
I am unaware if any statutory requirement about notification....as it was just a RAT test.

However, my initial thought is that there likely would be a civil duty of care to notify, a breach of which could base an action for negligence.
Exactly. You'd think that hey.

My husband's workplace didn't quite know what to do. Who did they call? The NSW Dept of Health. Their advice? It's not a legal requirement to inform any taxi cab driver of whether or not you have Covid19 (confirmed or otherwise). My husband immediately asked for that to be issued in writing by the NSW Dept of Health before proceeding.

And so said employee (who as I stated earlier is triple jabbed) was told to wear a mask and go straight home in one. A subsequent proper test confirmed that they did in fact have Covid19 and that meant they had to stay home and isolate yadda yadda yadda.

Meantime : My husband's gripe ( I'm on the receiving end of this because he vents non stop ) is essentially this :

ANY FUCKING WONDER people are still contracting this virus which sits on surfaces and in the air ... here in crowded Sydney where our population is almost 7 million.

The stats these days are still pretty revolting IRRESPECTIVE of so many vaccines/masks etc.

Take a look at these shocking numbers :

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou ... fault.aspx

Last 7 days alone in NSW

14,170 - total new positive tests reported in the past 7 days

69 - lives lost in the past 7 days

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Can you appreciate WHY I started this topic now?

I have no idea if ALL state Health Dept's are issuing the same advice. If they are then this is placing taxi drivers at risk as well as other passengers who use taxi services.

And the same risks would apply to Uber drivers et al and their passengers also.