Conquest

Have a chat here and this is also where you start Petitions. Current election Threads will also be here. Some old election Threads are also here.
Aussie

Conquest

Post by Aussie » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:53 pm

If you get to have something via/following a conquest, militarily or otherwise, is it yours for all time or at least for as long as you can, within your will and capacity militarily or otherwise, hold it? Does the vanquished from whom you took it have any say at all?

Nom De Plume

Re: Conquest

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:10 pm

Aussie wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:53 pm
If you get to have something via/following a conquest, militarily or otherwise, is it yours for all time or at least for as long as you can, within your will and capacity militarily or otherwise, hold it? Does the vanquished from whom you took it have any say at all?
It depends.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:10 pm
Aussie wrote:
It depends.
Yev convinced me!

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:05 pm

Aussie wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:19 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:10 pm
Aussie wrote:
It depends.
Yev convinced me!
What are the circumstances entailed?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Aussie wrote:
Let's take a closer look at the word "conquer"

Verb

conquer (third-person singular simple present conquers, present participle conquering, simple past and past participle conquered)

To defeat in combat; to subjugate.

To acquire by force of arms, win in war; to become ruler of; to subjugate.

Example : In 1453, the Ottoman Empire conquered Constantinople.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting example there 👆

The Ottoman Empire no longer exists. The ethnic descendants of the Ottoman Empire STILL control Constantinople and as such, even changed its name to Istanbul.

The famous Christian church of St Sophia in Constantinople is a Muslim mosque.

Note : My relatives on the Greek side were from that region. Most were murdered by the Muslim Ottomans for being infidels. Lots of ethnic cleansing took place up until 1920 (Great Catastrophe) when the rest fled as refugees leaving behind hectares of land, homes, cattle, sheep, fields ready for harvest, personal possessions etc and rushed to get out of their homeland. And it had been their homeland for a few thousand years too.

People were murdered as they fled (women and children were slower to move you see). I was named in honour of my great grandmother who lost her husband and 2 sons during the ethnic cleansing episodes which took place there.

Since then there's been nothing but deafening silence about that genocide and the loss of identity and homeland and possessions and personal estates etc. Not 1 word. Why? The expectation by the conqueror is that we (the conquered) just shut up and pretend it never happened and/or accept that it's all part of being conquered. Not many understand that once you are conquered you lose the right to speak and gain the right to be silent. It's a bit like being under arrest.

Eventually you might quietly write/read about it somewhere. Online perhaps. You might quietly let your children know why so many gaps appear in their ancestry esp when they ask a few difficult questions regarding that. Poetry and songs exist and are still being written and these tell the story of a past which records many of the dreadful details. I myself grew up as a toddler listening to my mum sing such songs (esp when she was gardening or washing/hanging up the washing) and I'll never forget turning 4 years old. That's when I begged mum to stop singing those sad songs because they made me cry.

I now understand that truth is important and needs to be upheld and respected. People deserve to know the truth even if it's confronting or brutal.

Still though ... for those of us who are ethnically linked to the above conquest/incident ... there's been no recognition, no compensation and certainly no closure.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk