HaPpY GrEeK EaStEr 2023

Have a chat here and this is also where you start Petitions. Current election Threads will also be here. Some old election Threads are also here.
lisa jones

HaPpY GrEeK EaStEr 2023

Post by lisa jones » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:51 am

Happy Greek Easter everyone !!!

Except it’s technically Orthodox Easter.

And we’re NOT Orthodox.

So why are we even bothering to celebrate it?

Well that’s a good question!

My family consists of mixed even exotic European cultures all blended together in beautiful Australia.

As Protestant Christians we’re well aware of the fact that ANY Easter date/celebration taking place today (or last week for that matter) has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ.

In fact the 2 (incorrect) dates assigned for Easter reflect nothing more than yet another well entrenched division btwn the Roman Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church. And all this took place many centuries ago. On the other side of the globe.

So bringing this topic back to Australia and 2023... I guess we as a family celebrate Easter TWICE a year because for us Easter is all about celebrating life and God’s love towards us as mere mortals. And as such we CHOOSE to celebrate it as many times as we like.

Cheers.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk