We're running out of gas.

Have a chat here and this is also where you start Petitions. Current election Threads will also be here. Some old election Threads are also here.
Bobby

We're running out of gas.

Post by Bobby » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:06 pm

I'm worried as my place is on gas for hot water and cooking and heating. :cry:

‘Bad to worse’: AEMO warns of ‘catastrophic shortfall’ in gas.

Mar 21, 2024
Sky News host Peta Credlin says Australia’s energy is going from “bad to worse” after the market operator warned of a “catastrophic shortfall” in gas on the east coast.
A new report from the Australian Energy Market Operator has warned of gas shortages from 2028 in southern states.
“It seems we’re going from bad to worse when it comes to energy in this country,” Ms Credlin said.
“[There have been] dire warnings from the market operator that a catastrophic shortfall in gas on the east coast
[could happen] as early as next year.
“It’s looking so crook that gas generators might have to resort to burning diesel in periods of peak demand.”

Sophia

Re: We're running out of gas.

Post by Sophia » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:08 pm

I don’t believe a word of it!
Much like decades ago they said we’d run out of fuel!
I see a push by the Vic gov if you have gas ducted heating, they will exchange it all over for reverse cycle cooling/heating for a huge discount.
I’m thinking wether to or not.
A 8 kw reverse cycle air con set up and then an electrician wiring it up is about $4800
If I get the ducted gas heating replaced it’s only about $6 or $7 G
But whole house is ducted heating or cooling then.
It’s zoned too so in 3 different sections so the whole house doesn’t have to be heated or cooled if you don’t require it.

I asked hubby about how electricity is always going off… then if we go all electric we have no heating, and already if the power goes off with gas heating, it won’t heat either.

I thought, what’s the point having gas so independently yet not independently from electricity.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:21 pm

Sophia wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:08 pm
I don’t believe a word of it!
Much like decades ago they said we’d run out of fuel!
I see a push by the Vic gov if you have gas ducted heating, they will exchange it all over for reverse cycle cooling/heating for a huge discount.
I’m thinking wether to or not.
A 8 kw reverse cycle air con set up and then an electrician wiring it up is about $4800
If I get the ducted gas heating replaced it’s only about $6 or $7 G
But whole house is ducted heating or cooling then.
It’s zoned too so in 3 different sections so the whole house doesn’t have to be heated or cooled if you don’t require it.

I asked hubby about how electricity is always going off… then if we go all electric we have no heating, and already if the power goes off with gas heating, it won’t heat either.

I thought, what’s the point having gas so independently yet not independently from electricity.

You'd better believe it - we haven't invested in future supplies and Bass Strait is running out of gas.

But then again - as you say - electricity is always failing.
In the last storm I lost mine for 7 hours -
half a million people lost power in Victoria - some for 3 or more days.

I wish we could go back to the good old days.

Sophia

Post by Sophia » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:23 am

Selling our gas for Sfa overseas was not a good future investment for our country’s sake or the people.
Now it’s running out? It could’ve been saved for years for our own country without a worry.
No one in government thinks ahead.
Yes I know what it’s like not having power for 4 days. We survived with a petrol generator running some lights, fridge, and a small tv.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:44 am

Thanks Chris Bowen! If anyone has ever listened to Ray Hadley he started calling Bowen "Casanova Bowen" because everything he touches he f**ks and he's got that right. The Casanova Bowen label is catching on with more and more people when they refer to Bowen now. I'm starting to see it everywhere lol.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:24 pm

Is this just a scam to increase prices or booster the electric push??

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:59 pm

Sophia wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:23 am
Selling our gas for Sfa overseas was not a good future investment for our country’s sake or the people.
Now it’s running out? It could’ve been saved for years for our own country without a worry.
No one in government thinks ahead.
Yes I know what it’s like not having power for 4 days. We survived with a petrol generator running some lights, fridge, and a small tv.
Didn't we sell our gas at 4 cents per litre to the Japs for many decades?

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:05 pm

The only 'domestic' benefits go to the Aborigines.
The rest of the country is exploited by the 'internationals' of whom take their slices of the cake here.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:03 pm

Jasin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:05 pm
The rest of the country is exploited by the 'internationals' of whom take their slices of the cake here.
Other countries rape our resources.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:46 pm

Bobby wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:03 pm
Jasin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:05 pm
Other countries rape our resources.
The government rapes us of our resources.