Chinese backed group buying up Aust medical supplies sending them to China

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Gordon

Re: Chinese backed group buying up Aust medical supplies sending them to China

Post by Gordon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 pm

I'm very very sus how Aussies are being blamed for all of the panic buying. Yes, people are stocking up but other stuff isn't even making it to the supermarket anymore. Certain brands of TP are no longer being delivered to Coles. Why? Because they're going directly from the factory to export.

All the P2 masks and hand sanitiser was gone WAY before we even realised we needed the shit. And then thermometers. Gone, all of them. There are no touch thermometers left in Australia to buy retain. Mine broke and I could only find an old school one.

I reckon Chinese operatives are on social media blaming Aussies for being hoarders to cover their bulk buying.

There needs to be an export ban until this is over.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Gordon wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 pm
I'm very very sus how Aussies are being blamed for all of the panic buying. Yes, people are stocking up but other stuff isn't even making it to the supermarket anymore. Certain brands of TP are no longer being delivered to Coles. Why? Because they're going directly from the factory to export.

All the P2 masks and hand sanitiser was gone WAY before we even realised we needed the shit. And then thermometers. Gone, all of them. There are no touch thermometers left in Australia to buy retain. Mine broke and I could only find an old school one.

I reckon Chinese operatives are on social media blaming Aussies for being hoarders to cover their bulk buying.

There needs to be an export ban until this is over.
Apparently there are thousands of paid Chinese on social media trying to blame Trump for the virus so you can bet there are ones there doing the same to us.

I couldn't find my thermometer so I bought one from Ebay. Then my son got quarantined so I gave it to him. He drove over, wound down the window and I tossed it in his car from a distance.

I ordered another one which was supposed to arrive today and it's in limbo somewhere. It's extremely ANNOYING!!

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Where did you get it?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:28 pm

Gordon wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:15 pm
Where did you get it?
Ebay.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 pm
Oh dearie dearie me apparently we are jealous of the Chinese tsk tsk
I'm not. Most Australians aren't. You are for some strange reason. Why do you care what they buy legally? Remember that, it is legal. If you want to blame anybody blame the government - a government that you voted into power. Afterall, they are Tory, aren't they?

If you are so upset, Black Orchid, why aren't you protesting about British, American, Indian investment? Oh, that's right, they're nice people and the Chinese aren't in your view, right? :roll :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Brian if you have to ask why people are upset about the Chinese buying up our medical supplies to send back to China you are not only ignorant but clearly stupid. Unlike you I would like to see them in the hands of Australians during a pandemic.

Talk to the hand and, oh ...

Go and get stuffed.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:08 pm

You want to watch yourself, Brian. When this is all behind us the world will not be joining hands and singing kumbaya any time soon.

National interest will be VERY important and people like you who constantly work against the national interest will come under great scrutiny.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:17 pm

So, suddenly we don't have free speech here? Basically you are threatening me for voicing my opinion - an opinion which is based on facts, not Sinophobic racism? Oh, and where is Black Orchide, Mmmm? Oh, she's also threatening me. Obviously you don't like it when I speak the truth, right? Tough luck. You can't even figure out where I live, despite me using my real name. Tsk, tsk. :roll :roll

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm
Brian if you have to ask why people are upset about the Chinese buying up our medical supplies to send back to China you are not only ignorant but clearly stupid. Unlike you I would like to see them in the hands of Australians during a pandemic.

Talk to the hand and, oh ...

Go and get stuffed.
Appears to me, the Chinese are doing what they are legally allowed to do. You have a gripe with that, then perhaps you had better talk to the Government(s) which allow it, Black Orchid. Don't take out your Sinophobia on me, take it out on the Tories which have allowed it to happen and continue to happen. :roll :roll

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:31 pm

Red this is your mate do you have anything to say?