New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Texan

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Texan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:11 pm
Texan wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:34 pm
I worked with my friend, Robert, all day Thursday. He was planning to go to the hospital to see about treatment for kidney stones after we finished working. (It's a common thing with him.) I just found out today that they admitted him for surgery and he tested positive for the china virus. He still hasn't felt any symptoms. I suspect they will make him wait until he is covid negative before they give him his surgery, unless it clears itself first. He is 29 and in good health otherwise.

I worked with him all day, Thursday, and even took him to lunch. Here's where my immunity gets tested.
Hope you don't get it twice, Tex. It will be interesting to see your results. Do you have to have another test?
No. My boss said to not worry about it unless I have symptoms. My boss just finished his quarantine for the China virus. Its going around. I think this disease has spread more than most people realize. I think with vaccines and herd immunity, this disease will be more like the flu in severity next year. .

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:25 am

Texan wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:24 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:11 pm
Texan wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:34 pm
I worked with my friend, Robert, all day Thursday. He was planning to go to the hospital to see about treatment for kidney stones after we finished working. (It's a common thing with him.) I just found out today that they admitted him for surgery and he tested positive for the china virus. He still hasn't felt any symptoms. I suspect they will make him wait until he is covid negative before they give him his surgery, unless it clears itself first. He is 29 and in good health otherwise.

I worked with him all day, Thursday, and even took him to lunch. Here's where my immunity gets tested.
Hope you don't get it twice, Tex. It will be interesting to see your results. Do you have to have another test?
No. My boss said to not worry about it unless I have symptoms. My boss just finished his quarantine for the China virus. Its going around. I think this disease has spread more than most people realize. I think with vaccines and herd immunity, this disease will be more like the flu in severity next year. .
Robert just checked out of the hospital. He still has covid and is asymptomatic and they bypassed his kidney because they were afraid to do surgery for their sake with his covid status. He'll be out of work for a couple of weeks, but he sounds like he is in good spirits. It's been 6 days since I worked with him all day before his diagnosis and I am fine. Robert will be working in Japan in a month. He will have to quarantine for 2 weeks in a hotel in Tokyo when he gets there, and another 2 weeks when he gets back. He is buying materials for home projects to do while he is quarantining at home.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:11 am

Good to hear he is ok.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:07 pm

The first variant of the South African strain has reached Queensland.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:03 pm

Think about the hysteria then think about that.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Another new strain found in Japan.

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Covid is running rampant through my company. We have 50-60 employees in our national headquarters in the Dallas area. 18 are currently quarantining because they test positive for covid or have the symptoms and are soon getting tests. I needed to go to the office today and they were down to 3 people while everyone else is now working from home. I spoke on the phone with a coworker who I didn't know had it. He is in his mid 60s, with diabetes and heart issues. He's having a tough time with it, but is no longer in the hospital. I think everyone else is doing fine. My dispatcher is still working from home while sick and taking care of her grandbaby. Tough girl. I know of at least a dozen at the office who have already had the covid and recovered. When everybody heals, we should be pretty resilient.

For the most part, working people haven't received the vaccine unless they are medical staff or first responders. While my company is critical to infrastructure, we don't fit that category. Let's hope for at least local herd immunity.

BigP

Post by BigP » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm
Covid is running rampant through my company. We have 50-60 employees in our national headquarters in the Dallas area. 18 are currently quarantining because they test positive for covid or have the symptoms and are soon getting tests. I needed to go to the office today and they were down to 3 people while everyone else is now working from home. I spoke on the phone with a coworker who I didn't know had it. He is in his mid 60s, with diabetes and heart issues. He's having a tough time with it, but is no longer in the hospital. I think everyone else is doing fine. My dispatcher is still working from home while sick and taking care of her grandbaby. Tough girl. I know of at least a dozen at the office who have already had the covid and recovered. When everybody heals, we should be pretty resilient.

For the most part, working people haven't received the vaccine unless they are medical staff or first responders. While my company is critical to infrastructure, we don't fit that category. Let's hope for at least local herd immunity.
I just cant relate to it Tex, I cant recall the last community case we have had in NZ , we are getting a few at the border but they are being contained in isolation , But it will only need one slip up for it to break out here

Texan

Post by Texan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:05 pm

BigP wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm

I just cant relate to it Tex, I cant recall the last community case we have had in NZ , we are getting a few at the border but they are being contained in isolation , But it will only need one slip up for it to break out here
We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable and my world respects freedom to a greater degree and allows us to risk exposure and deal with some casualties. There are arguments for either approach, but I'm ok with my situation and my parents are able to exercise great caution and stay safe as long as we family members are careful not to screw them over with carelessness . My brother and I are on the same page and we've discussed with our parents our "rules " for seeing our parents. Ultimately, we want to respect their wishes as long as they can take care of themselves.