New virus from shithole China

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
Neferti

Re: New virus from shithole China

Post by Neferti » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:42 am

Face masks will be mandatory for domestic air travel and in Canberra Airport from midnight tonight (22 January) following a new public health direction issued by the ACT Government.

People aged 12 years and above will need to wear a mask while inside the airport terminal and during all flights in and out of Canberra.

Masks will not be required to be worn outside the terminal but must be kept on if passengers embark or disembark on the tarmac.

Face masks can be removed to prove your identity, and while eating, drinking or taking medication, during an emergency and to communicate effectively. Some exceptions and exemptions will be in place for the order, including for people with a disability who cannot keep a mask on at all times.

The face-covering must be designed to be worn over the mouth and nose and fit the face securely, meaning scarfs and bandanas are not permitted to be worn in place of a mask.

Airport police will be ensuring compliance and have the discretion to apply penalties if necessary, Chief Minister Andrew Barr said.

“If [someone] disobeys an order from police that will probably be subject to further action but that would be at the discretion of Australian Federal Police at the airport,” he said.

The Chief Minister also announced that the ACT would accept a second repatriation flight in the first half of March. The first repatriation flight is expected to land in Canberra in the first half of February.
https://the-riotact.com/masks-mandatory ... rch/434486

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:05 pm

bobby wrote:
bobby wrote:
Over 2 million people now dead from the China virus:

World -
2,037,385 dead - an increase of 6,282 in one day!

USA -
406,790 dead - an increase of 1,529 in one day.

https://coronaboard.com/

It's gone up since I posted:

Jan 18th, 2021 at 2:53pm:

In the world - 2,039,602 dead.

In the USA - 407,202 dead.

In the World - 2,130,472 dead = 90,870 more dead in just 6 days!

In the USA - 427,635 dead = 20,433 more dead in 6 just days.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:21 pm

It is winter in the northern hemisphere.....
The elderly drop off their perch like flies.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:23 pm

Just after January 20 the WHO put out new guidelines for running the PCR testing because it was showing too many false positives. Just in time to try to make China Joe look good.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:24 pm

Just heard ABC 2 news.

Australian vax to be given by end of March.

They have been saying the start of March 2021 for the last 3 months.
It's always delayed - always more time.
What's wrong with Australia -
the POMs have already immunised millions of people.

ScoMo should resign in disgrace.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:29 pm

Last I heard it was brought forward to February.
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg insists Australia is still on track to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine from February, as new figures suggest people are more than happy to get their jab.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration is due to approve the Pfizer vaccine, and others Australia has signed up to, in the coming weeks.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-s ... ocal-cases

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:29 pm
Last I heard it was brought forward to February.
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg insists Australia is still on track to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine from February, as new figures suggest people are more than happy to get their jab.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration is due to approve the Pfizer vaccine, and others Australia has signed up to, in the coming weeks.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-s ... ocal-cases

My news is the latest - only 20 minutes old.

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:52 am

Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:05 pm
BigP wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm
Covid is running rampant through my company. We have 50-60 employees in our national headquarters in the Dallas area. 18 are currently quarantining because they test positive for covid or have the symptoms and are soon getting tests. I needed to go to the office today and they were down to 3 people while everyone else is now working from home. I spoke on the phone with a coworker who I didn't know had it. He is in his mid 60s, with diabetes and heart issues. He's having a tough time with it, but is no longer in the hospital. I think everyone else is doing fine. My dispatcher is still working from home while sick and taking care of her grandbaby. Tough girl. I know of at least a dozen at the office who have already had the covid and recovered. When everybody heals, we should be pretty resilient.

For the most part, working people haven't received the vaccine unless they are medical staff or first responders. While my company is critical to infrastructure, we don't fit that category. Let's hope for at least local herd immunity.
I just cant relate to it Tex, I cant recall the last community case we have had in NZ , we are getting a few at the border but they are being contained in isolation , But it will only need one slip up for it to break out here
We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable and my world respects freedom to a greater degree and allows us to risk exposure and deal with some casualties. There are arguments for either approach, but I'm ok with my situation and my parents are able to exercise great caution and stay safe as long as we family members are careful not to screw them over with carelessness . My brother and I are on the same page and we've discussed with our parents our "rules " for seeing our parents. Ultimately, we want to respect their wishes as long as they can take care of themselves.
""We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable""

Not at all Tex, I have zero restrictions on my movements, I can do what i want, when I want, and go wherever I want,,

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:18 am

Perhaps we will have to roll up to get the flu shot and the virus shot at the same time? :roll:

Texan

Post by Texan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:06 am

BigP wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:52 am
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:05 pm
BigP wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Texan wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm
Covid is running rampant through my company. We have 50-60 employees in our national headquarters in the Dallas area. 18 are currently quarantining because they test positive for covid or have the symptoms and are soon getting tests. I needed to go to the office today and they were down to 3 people while everyone else is now working from home. I spoke on the phone with a coworker who I didn't know had it. He is in his mid 60s, with diabetes and heart issues. He's having a tough time with it, but is no longer in the hospital. I think everyone else is doing fine. My dispatcher is still working from home while sick and taking care of her grandbaby. Tough girl. I know of at least a dozen at the office who have already had the covid and recovered. When everybody heals, we should be pretty resilient.

For the most part, working people haven't received the vaccine unless they are medical staff or first responders. While my company is critical to infrastructure, we don't fit that category. Let's hope for at least local herd immunity.
I just cant relate to it Tex, I cant recall the last community case we have had in NZ , we are getting a few at the border but they are being contained in isolation , But it will only need one slip up for it to break out here
We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable and my world respects freedom to a greater degree and allows us to risk exposure and deal with some casualties. There are arguments for either approach, but I'm ok with my situation and my parents are able to exercise great caution and stay safe as long as we family members are careful not to screw them over with carelessness . My brother and I are on the same page and we've discussed with our parents our "rules " for seeing our parents. Ultimately, we want to respect their wishes as long as they can take care of themselves.
""We are in 2 different worlds. Your world is denying people the right to live freely to protect the vulnerable""

Not at all Tex, I have zero restrictions on my movements, I can do what i want, when I want, and go wherever I want,,
Sorry. I was under the impression that most Australians were limited to within 5km of their homes with mandatory contact tracing and no travel over state lines.