Do you support the attacks on private radar cars?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Bogan

Do you support the attacks on private radar cars?

Post by Bogan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:03 am

It makes me laugh every time a privately owned (Serco) radar car gets attacked. I think that most people are incensed that a private company can get motorists fined for breaking the speed limits. In NSW, when the police introduced radar to stop speeding, I remember the Police Commissioner, Mervyn Wood assuring motorists that "one place the police will never put radars, is down the bottom of steep hills with a corresponding steep drive up the other side." Even the Police Commissioner realised that the most law abiding and safe drivers would go a bit faster in such a situation and it was no big deal.

Today, such locations are the favourite hunting grounds for Serco drivers who apparently get paid according to the number of motorists they get booked. Other underhanded tactics of Serco, include having their cars on the roads very early in the morning to catch tradies going a bit faster than normal on the almost empty roads. This has nothing at all to do with road safety, and everything to do with Serco and it's drivers bottom line.

We the people are getting fed up of Serco and it's drivers tactics, and some bushrangers are conducting a guerilla war against Serco on the people's behalf. I support the bushrangers. Do you?

J o h n S m i t h

Re: Do you support the attacks on private radar cars?

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:10 pm

I didn't even realise they use private contractors.

Is this a NSW thing only or is it done elsewhere in the country?

The Grappler

Post by The Grappler » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:38 am

Well - the revolt and revolution has to start somewhere. Where else but with the proles? the old Australian can still stand up like a Ned Kelly it seems.

What exactly are these bushrangers doing?

Avatar to strike fear into some here....... (ooooooh!).... :rofl

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:19 am

The private radar cars are routinely being pelted with objects from passing cars, and even get pelted with missiles from surrounding houses. People make up signs and put them in front of the radar cars to warn approaching drivers. It is illegal for people to give warnings to police radar traps by flashing their lights at oncoming drivers, but private radar cars are another thing again. When private radar cars appear, everybody stats flashing their lights, and that probably includes off duty police officers who get pinged by these damned cars, like everybody else.

Politicians and senior police officers routinely appear on TV denouncing those who throw things at private radar cars, but if the establishment wants to
think up underhanded ways to get more revenue, it can hardly complain if the sheep they shear start doing a bit of Guerilla warfare.

I think it is great. The public reacts to bureaucratic over reach. Aux barricades! Le Miserables! Hand out the guns and ammo! The revolution is here!

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:31 pm

Bogan wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:19 am
The private radar cars are routinely being pelted with objects from passing cars, and even get pelted with missiles from surrounding houses. People make up signs and put them in front of the radar cars to warn approaching drivers. It is illegal for people to give warnings to police radar traps by flashing their lights at oncoming drivers, but private radar cars are another thing again. When private radar cars appear, everybody stats flashing their lights, and that probably includes off duty police officers who get pinged by these damned cars, like everybody else.

Politicians and senior police officers routinely appear on TV denouncing those who throw things at private radar cars, but if the establishment wants to think up underhanded ways to get more revenue, it can hardly complain if the sheep they shear start doing a bit of Guerilla warfare.

I think it is great. The public reacts to bureaucratic over reach. Aux barricades! Le Miserables! Hand out the guns and ammo! The revolution is here!
😳

Crikey!

Edit : take a look at this

https://www.seek.com.au/Mobile-Road-Saf ... lsrc=aw.ds

High turnover rate?
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Bogan

Post by Bogan » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:07 am

Of course SERCO is always looking for new operators for their private radar cars, Lisa. Turnover of operators must be very high. Nobody likes being hated and you can bet that if a SERCO operator went to a party, he or she would keep their mouths shut about what "work" they do. If they blabbed to the rest of the guests that they worked for SERCO, they would end up in the swimming pool.

Serco must be fretting how unfortunate it that it is that there are so few sociopaths and psychopaths in society who will stoop to become operators for them. Even outright criminals have some standards.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:51 am

Bogan wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:07 am
Of course SERCO is always looking for new operators for their private radar cars, Lisa. Turnover of operators must be very high. Nobody likes being hated and you can bet that if a SERCO operator went to a party, he or she would keep their mouths shut about what "work" they do. If they blabbed to the rest of the guests that they worked for SERCO, they would end up in the swimming pool.

Serco must be fretting how unfortunate it that it is that there are so few sociopaths and psychopaths in society who will stoop to become operators for them. Even outright criminals have some standards.
Hmmm ....job opportunities for who?? Sociopaths and psychopaths?? Plenty of them here and especially over at OzPit.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk