Brittany Higgins Case

Have a chat here and this is also where you start Petitions. Current election Threads will also be here. Some old election Threads are also here.
lisa jones

Brittany Higgins Case

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:53 am

What do you honestly think about the case?

1. I have no idea re whether the guy is guilty based on what the media has revealed.

2. I think that there will be NO CONVICTION based on THE EVIDENCE presented by the Prosecution AND the presumption of innocence until PROVEN GUILTY which defines our legal system.

3. My honest/deep seated personal impression of the guy? I don't like him. At all! He reminds me of the dhead manager who attacked me back when I was 21 at a work function. I was not intoxicated and no rape occurred. But I was assaulted. The 42 yr old intoxicated married manager forced his hands and tongue all over my face and breasts. Unlike Brittany, I wore a bra, undies and corset and unlike Brittany I was not drunk. So I was in full control of my senses and fought my way out of that situation. What I can't get over is this : It's taken me some 30 years to talk about what happened to me (and that's only online and due to this highly publicised case).

4. My honest/deep seated personal impression of the girl? I do like her a bit more. But I don't trust her evidence which is based on what she allegedly REMEMBERS given she was so terribly intoxicated that she couldn't even move during the alleged rape event.

5. I honestly think that IF any sexual activity occurred at all ... then there should be evidence of it. Somewhere. It hasn't come to light though. For all I know ... this could well be a case of Brittany wanting to be with the guy but not getting the response she wanted. On the other hand ... perhaps the person Brittany thought was having sex with her may have been the security guard who covered her OR the alleged event may have even been a very convincing dream whilst totally and utterly pissed as a parrot.

My Conclusions :

1. Where possible do not attend work functions alone. Bring your partner or brother or someone you trust etc. If that's not possible then ARRANGE for that someone you trust to pick you up at a certain time. Preferably after an hour or 2. Work related events go stupid after that.

2. Drink nothing OR 1 glass ( if you feel you need to in order to be part of THE TEAM).

3. If you are a woman and you feel you need to attend a work related function then FFS wear a bra, undies AND corset. Not only will these undergarments make you look great... they actually do keep you safe too. It will take someone longer to attack you and that buys you time to escape OR in the worst case scenario of rape ... these items will provide EVIDENCE.

4. Always remember that you can inform any potential offender that you have HIV or Covid19. It may help. I don't know. If this doesn't help then FFS scratch the offender as it will leave EVIDENCE of scratch marks on HIM AND his DNA in your fingernails.

5. We all have iPhones now. USE THIS incredible device ASAP and let everyone you know about what's happened to you. And that includes 000.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Bobby

Re: Brittany Higgins Case

Post by Bobby » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:11 pm

I think she left it too late until any evidence was erased.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:23 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:11 pm
Yep.

Edit : Hang on are you basically saying that sexual activity did occur? If so then you are kinda believing Brittany.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

The Grappler

Post by The Grappler » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:54 pm

It is irrelevant what I think happened... an opinion must be supported by hard facts... I cannot hang a man on my assumption of credibility alone - and because he is a bit of a beach ball and has piggy eyes cannot affect my judgement.

If we had the Scottish option of saying 'not proven', there is still wriggle room... this whole case smells from the start... probably better if it was left alone, and quiet solutions found.

Book contract.... remember Andy McNab? In cahoots with a journo to help write Bravo Two Zero, his stories become somewhat lurid and impractical and sensationalist.... and incurred the wrath of the then Regimental Sergeant Major. I'd expect many similar positive assertions by the authors of Ms Higgins' version... without a single shred of substantial evidence to sustain them.

BTW - the only failed B Sqn mission with casualties in Desert Storm was Bravo Two Zero, whose commander (McNab) elected to go in on foot.. all the others used vehicles.... and BTW.... SAS guys, all eight of them, can't carry half a ton of supplies or more for twenty km, 210 lb plus all personal gear, in a couple of hours. :beer

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:29 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:23 pm
Bobby wrote:
Yep.

Edit : Hang on are you basically saying that sexual activity did occur? If so then you are kinda believing Brittany.
We don't know - it's her word against his word.
You need proper hard evidence before you hang a man.

Did you know she signed a book deal for this worth more than $300K :oops:

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:04 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:29 pm
lisa jones wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Yep.

No I did not. 😳😳😳😳😳

Dear God! It took me 30 yrs to talk about an assault. And that was online.

It took her a year or so to clinch a deal worth $300 grand out of something which may/may not have even happened.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:30 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:04 pm
Bobby wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:29 pm
lisa jones wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Yep.

No I did not. 😳😳😳😳😳

Dear God! It took me 30 yrs to talk about an assault. And that was online.

It took her a year or so to clinch a deal worth $300 grand out of something which may/may not have even happened.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 5bo2q.html

Prominent Sydney Morning Herald columnist and bestselling author Peter FitzSimons
negotiated a $325,000 advance for rape complainant Brittany Higgins to write a book, a court has been told.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:29 pm

She will get a better book deal if he is acquitted.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:06 pm

Aussie wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:29 pm
It's not a good look to be trying to profit from a conviction. :oops:

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:55 pm

Aussie wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:29 pm
I reckon HE will get a better book deal if he's acquitted.