The great Super scam

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Outlaw Yogi

The great Super scam

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:26 pm

So what is this great Super scam?

Compulsory Superannuation

It's government sanctioned theft, pure and simple.
These companies take portions of our earnings whether we like it or not, and when we want some of it back, the only people who can do so seem to be governmemnt or former government employees.

A while ago I read an article in the Australian where the big Super companies were campaigning to have the smaller Super companies prevented from being able to continue in the industry due to poor performance. Well I would like to help them do so because the target of my vexation is one of those smaller companies. AustsSafe Super - "for rural and regional Australians" says their spool. Which is why most fruit pickers wind up in AustSafe.

When I lost my job (and the house that went with it) in early 2010, I didn't automatically jump on the dole queue. I went to my bush property where I don't have to pay rent, and sold personal belongings .. eg chainsaw, radio scanner, metal detector, ect ect, and lived out of the bush eating wild animals and feral fruits. My caravan was used as a shed, so I lived under a blue tarp and slept beside a fire - right through winter of 2010 - got down to minus 7C one night, and minus 4C a few others.
Bow hunters wanting access to pigs used my property to camp on. For this they brought me flour, powdered milk and tobacco.

It was 4 months till I went on the dole in July 2010.

I moved to Bundaberg to improve employment prospects, but the town water made me sick. I had blood coming out my anus on a semi regular basis and stomach aches daily.
So I waited in Bundaberg for the hospital to get around to doing a colonoscopy and frittered away money I'd saved from selling scrap metal, so went bush again.

In August 2011 I recieved a statement from AustSafe Super. So I knew I had some money.
In November 2011 I aplied for the dole/unemployment benefit/newstart for the sole purpose of making a claim on Financial Hardship grounds against my superannuation account.
Well I've done the required 26 weeks sponging off the taxpayer to be elligible.

Last week I submitted my application, and as I expected from those in financial institutions, they're rejecting my claim.
So these people who grow nothing, manufacture nothing, and therefor produce nothing are giving me the muck around.
Fine, I'll apply direct to the authority on compassionate grounds, and have a brilliant case. Have taken photos of the way I live .. in a 16 foot caravan literally falling apart, with no electricity or running water, bath in a cast iron tub with a fire under it, and go to the toilet in a 20 litre bucket (with wooden toilet seat). Recently I got a gas burner for warmth but still mostly cook outside on a wood fire.

Y'see I don't have a registed vehicle, and the easiest work for me to obtain is fruit picking/farm work. For this a reliable registered vehicle is essential. Therefore AustSafe Super is willingly and knowingly keeping me unemployed.
I don't need their imagined big payoff, my land is my retirement fund.

Now I don't want to aid the big Super companies against the small out of love, its purely targeted animosity against those who've taken my money and give pitiful excuses why they won't give it back when I need it. Truth be told I think Compulsory Super should be abolished and anyone wanting their money for any reason, no matter how frivilous, should be able to take it at any time without question or obfuscation.

If I ever meet Paul Keating, I'll kick him in face.
And if/when I discover the whereabouts of AustSafe owned assets I'll send their insurance premiums sky high. Actually if insurance companies discover someone is running a vendetta against you, they wont pay.

And don't tell me this topic is not political. It may be personal in this case, but compulsory superannuation is political, because as previously stated Compulsory Super is government sanctioned theft.

EDIT ADDITION - Actually I'm considering going to see the local Federal MP (National) to see what they think about giving the super scam industry a big kick in the guts by abolishing Compulsory Superannuation.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Sockpuppet
Location: Mantra tells lies. Mantra is Aussies meatpuppet and pet mod.

Re: The great Super scam

Post by Sockpuppet » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Have a guess at where the board members of industry super funds get appointed from?
Just another ALP union gravy train

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Fine, I'll apply direct to the authority on compassionate grounds, and have a brilliant case.......
Admit I have not really understood all of that Hoppy........but........wouldn't the right time to bitch be when or if that ^^^^^^ fails?
Last edited by Aussie on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Aussie wrote:
Fine, I'll apply direct to the authority on compassionate grounds, and have a brilliant case.......
Admit I have not really understood all of that Hoppy........but........wouldn't the right to bitch be when or if that ^^^^^^ fails?
Hoppy/Outlaw Yogi has let it all hang out. He has a problem. As a supposed lawyer, Aussie, surely you have a better answer than what you posted. Check it out, at the very least. Google is your friend Mister Lawyer.

Hey, Yogi. Hope it all comes out in the proverbial wash!

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Hoppy can do the google if he wants. I am not here to give legal advice. You reckon you know more about the Law than I, you've said so very often, so, over to you, Neferti.

[If he wants to PM me about it....I am happy to help if I can..............in private.]

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Aussie wrote:Hoppy can do the google if he wants. I am not here to give legal advice. You reckon you know more about the Law than I, you've said so very often, so, over to you, Neferti.

[If he wants to PM me about it....I am happy to help if I can..............in private.]
Hoppy (I have only known him as Outlaw Yogi and on Deepthought's Forum ) lives out in the Bush, Aussie. He only has access to the internet when he ........ goes into town?

Unlike you and me (and most everybody else on here) who can sit and spend time "researching" stuff at our leisure, and since Hoppy is a OLD PA member, I thought you, Aussie, at least would be a little more helpful.

Obviously you have no soul. Aussie. Hoppy is looking for advice and you tell him he is "bitching".

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I told him that the time to bitch might be after his direct approach to the Fund failed.

You can't have this both ways Neferti. You have been very busy telling me that you know more about the Law than I....in fact you have made the outright assertion I am not a retired Lawyer.......so bugger you. You advise Hoppy in public, and show us all how legally clevah you are. Meanwhile...........

If he wants my help, he knows where the PM button is. I'll do my stuff in private, as I always have here.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Aussie wrote:I told him that the time to bitch might be after his direct approach to the Fund failed.

You can't have this both ways Neferti. You have been very busy telling me that you know more about the Law than I....in fact you have made the outright assertion I am not a retired Lawyer.......so bugger you. You advise Hoppy in public, and show us all how legally clevah you are. Meanwhile...........

If he wants my help, he knows where the PM button is. I'll do my stuff in private, as I always have here.
Clevah is not a proper word. Do you mean cleavage? :mrgreen:

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:17 pm

'Clevah' has PA DNA you have no idea about. Now, go knock yourself out providing Hoppy with the benefit of your abundant legal knowledge.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Aussie wrote:'Clevah' has PA DNA you have no idea about. Now, go knock yourself out providing Hoppy with the benefit of your abundant legal knowledge.

Aussie, I am sure you are a nice old man. I have no intention of giving LEGAL advice to Hoppy. Nor anyone.

As you well know, Aussie, there are areas of Legal knowledge ....