Ashby

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Grendel

Ashby

Post by Grendel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Super Nova wrote:
Grendel wrote:Fuck off.
Great debate technique Grendel. Worth a read everytime. I look forward to reading your posts.
I have searched your posts and found nothing of debating quality. (I did see why they call you Super Forger)

Here is your task ranker. I'll take the negative.

"There must be a Royal into the litigation commenced by Ashby, and exactly who was involved leading up to it, including how Ashby obtained his job as Media Advisor to Slipper."

Off you go.

mantra

Re: Ashby

Post by mantra » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm

"There must be a Royal into the litigation commenced by Ashby, and exactly who was involved leading up to it, including how Ashby obtained his job as Media Advisor to Slipper."
At the risk of being told to F... off - the details of how Ashby, being a nobody landed a cushy job as Media Advisor, are very vague. The litigation of Slipper is reminiscent of the Pauline Hanson witch hunt saga. As Abbott has about a dozen Inquiries lined up, the govt. might as well do something now while they still have the chance.

Someone needs to get to the bottom of this time wasting and expense simply to score political points before the next election.

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Mantra, can you explain how a Forum which boasts as its mission statement: Australian Political Forum - home of Political Animals who value debate, discussion and independent thought on the political landscape in Australia and the wider world; has made no reference to what might be the most critical flashpoint in Australian Politics since Kerr dismissed Whitlam?

Other Forums are all over this issue.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Ashby wasn't a "nobody" in the media and he probably talked himself up. In 2002, Mr Ashby resigned from Newcastle radio station NX-FM and pleaded guilty to making abusive calls to a drivetime host from a rival station. A year or so ago he was PR manager of some Queensland strawberry farm, Mr Ashby spoke to media about a police investigation into poison found in a farm water-tank. Mr Ashby's claim against Mr Slipper alleges the MP offered him a job three times between October and December 2011, after they were introduced by a mutual friend at the Slipper home in June that year. Seems to me Slipper liked what he saw and the decision to hire Ashby was his.

On the face of it the Libs and Brough haven't done anything untowards and it's just a political beat-up by Labor. Maybe it is an idle threat by Labor. Maybe they think if they muddy the waters enough some good will come their way. Obviously they are worried about Brough winning the seat and they see him as a threat.
Last edited by Rorschach on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:14 pm

So are you taking the negative that there is no need for a Royal Commission?
Or some other form of negative?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Rorschach wrote:

Do you have some sort of comprehension issue, Rorschach? Go back and read. Super Nova mentioned a debate. I have challenged him, I have given him the topic, and told him that I will take the negative. That means rightard fanboy, he takes the affirmative. Clevah of me.

Of course I expect him to run to mummy like most of you nut jobs do when someone like me grabs you by the balls.

Testify!

mantra

Post by mantra » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Grendel wrote:Mantra, can you explain how a Forum which boasts as its mission statement: Australian Political Forum - home of Political Animals who value debate, discussion and independent thought on the political landscape in Australia and the wider world; has made no reference to what might be the most critical flashpoint in Australian Politics since Kerr dismissed Whitlam?

Other Forums are all over this issue.
The current status here is that unless you've got something derogatory to say about the government, your opinion is worthless. A pack of RW's can't really oppose each other. In their view independent thought means patting each other on the back and telling those who oppose them that they're morons.

When the "mission" statement was created - a few of us were striving futiley towards political discussion.

Super Nova

Mummy help me please.....

Post by Super Nova » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Mummy... help ... a nasty woman has me by the balls.

You know what.... I live in the UK now and to be honest I don't know who the fuck this Ashby character is really.

However I read this...

Ashby chose 'blowtorch' lawyers: court
A staff member who brought sexual harassment allegations against Peter Slipper chose a law firm adept at using the media to "apply the blowtorch", a court has been told. Mr Slipper's media adviser, James Ashby, is suing his former boss and the Commonwealth over claims the federal parliamentary speaker made unwelcome advances to him and sent explicit, sexually suggestive text messages.

So I argue that there should NOT be a Royal Commision because it is a great waste of money. Leave it to the police and their processes to address. A Just because they are in politics does not mean everytime they break the law or even a code of conduct we should waste money on Royal Commisions.

So I take the negative as well.

:c
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Grendel wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

Do you have some sort of comprehension issue, Rorschach? Go back and read. Super Nova mentioned a debate. I have challenged him, I have given him the topic, and told him that I will take the negative. That means rightard fanboy, he takes the affirmative. Clevah of me.

Of course I expect him to run to mummy like most of you nut jobs do when someone like me grabs you by the balls.

Testify!
Blah blah blah blah blah blah... I'm still waiting for an answer :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grendel

Re: Mummy help me please.....

Post by Grendel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Super Nova wrote:Mummy... help ... a nasty woman has me by the balls.

You know what.... I live in the UK now and to be honest I don't know who the fuck this Ashby character is really.

However I read this...

Ashby chose 'blowtorch' lawyers: court
A staff member who brought sexual harassment allegations against Peter Slipper chose a law firm adept at using the media to "apply the blowtorch", a court has been told. Mr Slipper's media adviser, James Ashby, is suing his former boss and the Commonwealth over claims the federal parliamentary speaker made unwelcome advances to him and sent explicit, sexually suggestive text messages.

So I argue that there should NOT be a Royal Commision because it is a great waste of money. Leave it to the police and their processes to address. A Just because they are in politics does not mean everytime they break the law or even a code of conduct we should waste money on Royal Commisions.

So I take the negative as well.

:c
So much for your concern about 'debate.' You can fuck off too, pussy. Rorscharch, will you take the affirmative to my proposition?

'Kay?