Create your own PM

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Rorschach

Create your own PM

Post by Rorschach » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/intera ... tralian-pm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More proof I am what I say i am...

Congratulations! Your PM is...

40% Bob Katter
30% Kevin Rudd
20% Christine Milne
10% Tony Abbott
PM type: Frankenprime

Mind you there are only 4 choices and in most of them I do not agree 100% with my final choice anyway.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Austin Powers

Re: Create your own PM

Post by Austin Powers » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:58 pm

i saw a poodle in the park create their own PM today

i called it kevin

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:13 am

Rorschach wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/world/intera ... tralian-pm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

40% Bob Katter
30% Kevin Rudd
20% Christine Milne
10% Tony Abbott

Mind you there are only 4 choices and in most of them I do not agree 100% with my final choice anyway.
You don’t supposed these pre-electoral quizzes are designed to convince those taking the quiz to vote a certain way do you Roach?

Most of these quiz-type tests to determine who you align with carry the subtle innuendo WHO YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR...and are almost always biased.

Take Vote-Compass for instance.

These quizzes are designed to appeal to and persuade the swinging voter and youth.

Of course....Bob Katter is a close friend of the Rudds, is a Labor man through and through and will preference accordingly......despite sprouting red-neck ideals and trying to appeal to industry his mate Rudd has all but destroyed.

At the end of the day.... if you appear to be right-wing on these quizzes, the results will tell you you should vote for an alternative that suits the developers political agenda.

If you think Katter is a Labor alternative, think again.

He's as red as a beetroot.

It's circulation is poor, the majority of Guardian readers are employed in education and public sector and are mostly lefties.
People who still believe in Communism, Political Correctness, censorship and regulation, unchecked immigration etc.. much like the EU...read the Guardian.

In conclusion, the Guardian is a communist rag with an agenda to convince people they are more aligned with a certain parties philosophies than they might have though.

8-)
Last edited by mellie on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mantra

Post by mantra » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:20 am

Rorschach wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/world/intera ... tralian-pm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

40% Bob Katter
30% Kevin Rudd
20% Christine Milne
10% Tony Abbott

No surprise for me. I didn't totally agree with all the choices, but near enough.

50% Christine Milne
20% Kevin Rudd
20% Bob Katter
10% Tony Abbott

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 am

Well, they wouldn’t have had to re-tweak your results to their campaign agenda Mantra, given you are already on board and plan to vote in the Guardians favour.

:thumb

mantra

Post by mantra » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:31 am

Mel - I want my grandchildren, if I ever get any, to live in a country where jobs, food and space is in abundance. I am sick of the encroachment of mines destroying our land, water resources and poisoning the locals. We get very little in exchange for their invasion as most of our minerals are sold overseas for a song and the profits don't stay here.

Why do we need to embrace 457 visas to the extent we do when so many people are unemployed and not given a chance. At present legislation is enforced to ensure a conglomerate advertises locally for 4 months before advertising overseas and that's an improvement which Abbott is going to reverse.

I hate the FTA's because we can't compete with other nations on the same level. I believe in protectionism.

I answered the questions honestly - but because my political views don't match yours - it doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:58 am

You don’t supposed these pre-electoral quizzes are designed to convince those taking the quiz to vote a certain way do you Roach?
No mel.
Most of these quiz-type tests to determine who you align with carry the subtle innuendo WHO YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR...and are almost always biased.
yes mel.
Take Vote-Compass for instance.
yep good fun and makes you think. nice to have voters who actually think eh?
These quizzes are designed to appeal to and persuade the swinging voter and youth.
No mel... and I'm a swinging voter. Thank God for the swinging voters.
Of course....Bob Katter is a close friend of the Rudds, is a Labor man through and through and will preference accordingly......despite sprouting red-neck ideals and trying to appeal to industry his mate Rudd has all but destroyed.

At the end of the day.... if you appear to be right-wing on these quizzes, the results will tell you you should vote for an alternative that suits the developers political agenda.
No mel.
If you think Katter is a Labor alternative, think again.
He's a bit One nation actually which as I've been saying over the years is traditional labor.
He's as red as a beetroot.
I always thought he was part Lebbo.
It's circulation is poor, the majority of Guardian readers are employed in education and public sector and are mostly lefties.
People who still believe in Communism, Political Correctness, censorship and regulation, unchecked immigration etc.. much like the EU...read the Guardian.

In conclusion, the Guardian is a communist rag with an agenda to convince people they are more aligned with a certain parties philosophies than they might have though.
yes mel the Guardian certainly is a LW Prog rag... always has been, that's why they just hired a whole lot of LW Prog Journos from Australia for the Australian version.
Personally being a LW Conservative, something you've failed to come to terms with, I have no problem identifying political bias.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:57 am

mantra wrote:Mel - I want my grandchildren, if I ever get any, to live in a country where jobs, food and space is in abundance. I am sick of the encroachment of mines destroying our land, water resources and poisoning the locals. We get very little in exchange for their invasion as most of our minerals are sold overseas for a song and the profits don't stay here.

Why do we need to embrace 457 visas to the extent we do when so many people are unemployed and not given a chance. At present legislation is enforced to ensure a conglomerate advertises locally for 4 months before advertising overseas and that's an improvement which Abbott is going to reverse.

I hate the FTA's because we can't compete with other nations on the same level. I believe in protectionism.

I answered the questions honestly - but because my political views don't match yours - it doesn't mean that I'm wrong.
Mantra, we all want the same things for our kids, but there needs to be a semblance of balance.

Whats the point of pristine waters, fresh air and minimal industry if our kids are living hand-to-mouth in poverty unable to get enjoy the environment they have preserved?

Tony Abbott wants us to slow down on immigration Mantra, and start sustaining our own population.

I too believe in protectionism, but not to the point where it compromises our capacity to remain globally competitive and capable of sustaining our nations people.

Balance is the key.

Neither Labor or the Greens are in the business of balance, they are too consumed with fending off corruption allegations and funding their Nazi scientists to promote the destruction of industry for their own self-interested agenda (many Labor politicians have invested in the green renewable sector and would like to see a return on their investment some day soon, even if this means destroying our economy) or are consumed with pointless 'fringe' policy such as gay-marriage and saving whales to give a shit about much of anything else.

Re- 457's... the problem is Mantra, no policy is fool-proof, there’s pro's and con's to all policies, but at present, we need to sustain sectors by ensuring an adequate supply of skilled workers, and if we need to immigrate them then so be it.

Do you suggest we place our industry on hold until enough skilled workers have graduated from high-school and are qualified/willing to address our current skill-shortage?

Work must go on....

:roll:

Irony noted re- Kevin Rudds imported (without security checks) own 457 visa staff.

mellie

Post by mellie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Roach, you need to research Bob Katter Sr, ( Katters father)...who was a Labor man, (the communist faction) ..as is his son, by proxy.

I can tell you now, his preferences will flow straight to Rudd.

A vote for Katter is a vote for Rudd by proxy.

Likewise, with the Palmer United Party...only he's managed to cut a deal with the greens, so has served as a vote-broker for Labor to appease Labors key alliance.

Just be sure you check before casting your swinging vote....because as much fun as it might seem having a little variety....the truth is, a majority of these minor parties were purposefully created with a view to fooling ignorants and syphoning votes back to the GALP.

Greens/Labor.

Similar to how new members/flying monkeys here on PA claim to be right-wing though mysteriously end up voting 'left' at the last minute.

Yu dig?

8-)

8-)

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:12 pm

mellie wrote:Roach, you need to research Bob Katter Sr, ( Katters father)...who was a Labor man, (the communist faction) ..as is his son, by proxy. already know about him thanks mel.

I can tell you now, his preferences will flow straight to Rudd. I know he likes Rudd

A vote for Katter is a vote for Rudd by proxy.

Likewise, with the Palmer United Party...only he's managed to cut a deal with the greens, so has served as a vote-broker for Labor to appease Labors key alliances.

Just be sure you check before casting your swinging vote....because as much fun as it might seem having a little variety....the truth is, a majority of these minor parties were purposefully created with a view to fooling ignorants and syphoning votes to GALP. I'm pretty sure I know how to vote, I can even do the Senate below the line.

Greens/Labor.

Similar to how new members/flying monkeys here on PA wish to vote also.

8-)
So do the quiz and tell us your results... :lol: