Queensland State Election

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Neferti

Queensland State Election

Post by Neferti » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Do we have any Banana Benders here? Does anybody care that Premier Newman has called a snap election for 31 January.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-06/q ... ls/6002272

Rorschach

Re: Queensland State Election

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Clive and his moronic followers (you know the type) will be getting all excited about knocking him off no doubt... :rofl :rofl :rofl
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

mantra

Post by mantra » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Labor is in with a chance considering their huge loss at the last election. They could get lucky. Newman is taking a gamble and probably thinks if he leaves it any longer the less popular he will become.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 am

Neferti~ wrote:Do we have any Banana Benders here?
I think the resident bender has left the station for a long while.
Neferti~ wrote:Does anybody care that Premier Newman has called a snap election for 31 January.
NO

However, qld politics has always been a little unique. It could be good to watch from afar.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:15 am

Punters seal Queensland Premier Campbell Newman’s fate ahead of state election

THE LNP and Labor may be neck-and-neck in the latest polls but punters have already placed more than $10,000 worth of bets on the likely winner of the state election, to be held on January 31.

Punters have tipped the LNP as favourites at $1.25 to win the election on Sportsbet with Labor priced more than three times higher at $3.80.

Sportsbet spokesman Shaun Anderson said the market for the state election had delivered some interesting results.

“Eighty per cent of all money being bet is on the Liberal party,” he said.

The odds for smaller parties aren’t promising, with “fairly big outsiders” the Palmer United Party at $51 to the dollar, Katter’s Australian Party at $101 and The Greens at $151.

While punters have placed their confidence in the LNP to lead the state in the new year, Mr Anderson said the victory will likely be “bittersweet” for Campbell Newman.

“Punters agree Newman won’t keep his seat, more than double the money has come for the $1.40 that he won’t win his seat compared to the $2.80 that he will,” Mr Anderson said.

If this happens, Mr Anderson said the money was on Treasurer Tim Nicholls as preferred leader, priced at $2.10.

“It’s almost a toss of the coin between Nicholls and Scott Emerson at $2.75,” he said.

The Transport Minister is trailed closely by Health Minister Lawrence Springborg ($7) and Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek ($7.50).

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 7176441049

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 pm

I don't know a great deal about QLD politics as it doesn't affect me but from what I have read Labor are facing an uphill battle to win, even though Newman seems to be greatly disliked.
LNP holds office with 73 seats

Labor holds 9 seats

Independents 4 seats

Katter's Australian Party 3 seats

Queensland's 26-day 2015 state election campaign will be fought on two fronts, in North Queensland and in the South East Queensland corner.

Overall

Despite recent strong polling - in very broad terms - Labor faces an uphill battle to win office on January31, holding just nine seats and needing 45 to win office in its own right.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... 2iwmg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:42 pm

I think aussie is expecting PUP to beat the lot of them. :rofl :rofl

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:13 pm

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Now that is funny, but then again they are Queenslanders and they gave us both Kevin and Clive.
:roll:
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Dame Pansi

Post by Dame Pansi » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Neferti~ wrote:Do we have any Banana Benders here? Does anybody care that Premier Newman has called a snap election for 31 January.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-06/q ... ls/6002272

I am and no, I couldn't care when the election is. I just hope Newman loses his seat, but I didn't bet on it.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:13 pm

Why Pansi?