Whinge thread

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
Black Orchid

Whinge thread

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:38 pm

We need a whinge thread here ...

There is a high Asian population now in the area where I live and, honest to God, they are a hazard on the roads.

I went for a short drive today and before I had even left my street I almost got hit by a neighbour who drives with her manic Maltese sitting on her lap. It jumps up and down between the dash and the driver's window and yaps the whole time. It yaps at home 24/7 and the thing even bit me when she was putting her garbage out one night with this thing on a lead as I was walking home. She has a car the size of a loaf of bread but managed to be all over the road.

Next I almost get cleaned up using a roundabout by a woman who had 2 kids in the back seat (without seat belts) and drove straight into the roundabout looking neither left nor right. Just peering over the steering wheel and looking only straight ahead. I was already well into the roundabout but out she came anyway.

Finally, I get home and decided to park in the street out the front where there is a spot which easily accommodates either 3 large cars and a medium sized vehicle or 4 medium sized vehicles and a small car. Here it was taken up with 3 cars the size of a matchbox all with metres of space front and back but parked in such a way that no other cars could park there.

Call me racist/bigot or whatever you want but the fact remains that these people as a whole CANNOT drive and/or park and should not be issued licences. They have one speed and it is not uncommon for them to just STOP in the middle of the road if they get nervous.

They are a hazard.

boxy

Re: Whinge thread

Post by boxy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

#things that didn't happen
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:08 pm

You've been sounding a lot like a leftist of late.
Being a closet racist would be the icing on the cake and you should get your membership card shortly.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Been my experience on the road and working with them they have vision and awareness problems.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:52 am

IQS.RLOW wrote:You've been sounding a lot like a leftist of late.
Being a closet racist would be the icing on the cake and you should get your membership card shortly.
Stating facts does not make me a closet racist. One of my son's closest and longest friends is Chinese and he says exactly the same thing and makes fun of their lack of driving skills. Most of the Chinese in general around here have absolutely no concept of distance when in a car. The Koreans etc are good behind the wheel but the Chinese are a hazard.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:59 am

Chinese drivers? Yeah, they are bad: I had to take a driving test in Japan to get a Japanese drivers license. I passed it on the first time, which is rare for foreigners but not unheard of. 2 - 5 times is common for Westerners. But the Chinese. It often takes them 12 or more times to pass it.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:28 pm

AiA in Atlanta wrote:Chinese drivers? Yeah, they are bad: I had to take a driving test in Japan to get a Japanese drivers license. I passed it on the first time, which is rare for foreigners but not unheard of. 2 - 5 times is common for Westerners. But the Chinese. It often takes them 12 or more times to pass it.
There was a show on tv here a couple of years ago which showed that many of them behind the wheel of a car cannot even speak English. Of course, that is our fault and not theirs but it makes it pretty hard to know the road rules and/or read the street signs.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
AiA in Atlanta wrote:Chinese drivers? Yeah, they are bad: I had to take a driving test in Japan to get a Japanese drivers license. I passed it on the first time, which is rare for foreigners but not unheard of. 2 - 5 times is common for Westerners. But the Chinese. It often takes them 12 or more times to pass it.
There was a show on tv here a couple of years ago which showed that many of them behind the wheel of a car cannot even speak English. Of course, that is our fault and not theirs but it makes it pretty hard to know the road rules and/or read the street signs.
Plus they sit so low they can hardly see over the steering wheel. Almost as bad as little old men in hats. :mrgreen:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:18 pm

It used to be old men in white hats. Don't see them anymore.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Black Orchid wrote:It used to be old men in white hats. Don't see them anymore.
:rofl They either died or stopped wearing "white hats" to go to Bowls. :mrgreen: