The Rats are circling Mal Rightards where are you?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Redneck

The Rats are circling Mal Rightards where are you?

Post by Redneck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

The failed ex PM and the failed Qld Premier are circling Mal!

Bye Bye Libtard government at next election.

Former Queensland premier Campbell Newman calls on Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to quit
By Chris O'Brien

Updated about 2 hours ago
Composite image of Campbell Newman and Malcolm Turnbull.
Photo: Mr Newman said Mr Turnbull should resign before he is knifed by his own party. (ABC News)
Related Story: Pyne apologises for same-sex marriage remarks
Related Story: Turnbull stares down critics amid calls to axe Pyne and reshuffle ministry

Former Queensland premier Campbell Newman says Malcolm Turnbull should "do the right thing" and resign as Prime Minister to avoid another leadership showdown.

Speaking on ABC Radio Brisbane Mr Newman accused Mr Turnbull of dividing the Liberal Party, turning it left and driving away its base.

But he said voters would not tolerate a political move against an elected leader.

"He can't be deposed — we can't have another execution," he said.

"I mean the public did vote for him, but he's got to do the right thing [and stand down].

"If I was Malcolm Turnbull I would look at what's going on. He's not a dummy, we all know that.

"He's got to look at the numbers, he's got to look at what's he's tried and clearly it isn't working.

"He is dividing the Liberal Party. There's a lot of attention on Tony Abbott for running around giving these speeches but the person who is really dividing the Liberal Party is actually Malcolm Turnbull."
Abbott 'fundamentally correct'

Mr Newman said he felt at times that Mr Abbott's "constant commentary" had been unhelpful.

"[But] the trouble is that what Abbott is saying is fundamentally correct," he said.
Mr Newman and Mr Abbott breakfasting together in 2012.
Photo: Mr Newman and Mr Abbott breakfasting together in 2012. (ABC: Tim Leslie)

The former premier, who led Queensland for one term from 2012 to 2015, said regional Australians, including north Queenslanders, "didn't get" Mr Turnbull.

"He just is completely out of touch with the psyche there is I suppose the way to put it," Mr Newman said.

But he said Labor was also in trouble in the north, and Pauline Hanson would do well there at the next state and federal elections.

"Up north she's a rock star, and up north is where both the state election and the federal election will be fought and won," he said.

"Seriously, the elections will be impacted greatly by what happens north of Noosa."
Pyne a 'toffy-nosed, stuck-up public school boy'

Mr Newman also lashed out at Cabinet Minister Christopher Pyne, indicating he had not done enough to lift the party's electoral performance in South Australia.

"He should have a long, hard look at himself too because he has hurt the Government," Mr Newman said.

"I make the point about Christopher Pyne that in South Australia the primary vote of the Liberal Party is down to 29 per cent despite billions being thrown at the ship building down there — the new submarines," Mr Newman said.

He also targeted Mr Pyne's personal style.

"Frankly he is a walking talking advertisement of the caricature of a Tory toff," he said.

He described Mr Pyne as having the persona of a "toffy-nosed, stuck-up public school boy".

Mr Newman also hit out at the Government's decision to provide billions of dollars more for schools, calling it an outrageous decision.

"More money for education is not the solution," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-29/t ... an/8662758

Neferti

Re: The Rats are circling Mal Rightards where are you?

Post by Neferti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:05 pm

I cannot stand Malcolm Turnbull. I did NOT vote for him and never will. The quicker he disappears, the better. It's worth the $20 to not even bother to get your name marked off the Rolls. :mrgreen:

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:38 pm

The Libs deserve to be booted out ... and the ALP deserves to be put up against a wall and shot!
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

cods

Post by cods » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:52 pm

its a toughy thats for sure...

fall on his sword.. HE WONT...that would be worse than what he did to Tony.....he would never be able to live with it..

stand down before the next election is his only way out and save face...well sort of..

but who is there to do the JOB....it would be great if a female was in the mix...but Bishop blotted her copy book as well so shes out..

shame but for the life of me I cant see who would do a good job to be honest..

it really shouldnt be a popularity race like the media has made it..

but thats what it has become..... :roll: :roll: a bit of a joke really..all round.

trouble is the jokes on us.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Both parties are a joke and Turnbull has ruined the Liberal party and turned it into a centre left party. Abbott should either unite with Bernardi or, better still, form his own conservative party and tackle numpties like Turnbull and Pyne head on.

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:45 am

Labor will romp it in :thumb

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 am

No they won't. Turnbull may lose which will give Labor a win by default but unless you find someone better than Shorten to lead you couldn't even win a raffle on your own merits.

Big difference!

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:22 am

Redneck wrote:turning it left and driving away its base.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

I find this bit funny.

Turdball has done everything the right has asked off him. He's kept all of Abbotts policies, and the numbskulls are accusing him of taking the party to the left. If that's the case then Abbott was a leftie too :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I should also point out that Abbott the gutless wonder was to chicken to bring in the policies he's now crying turdball should be pursuing.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:23 am

Black Orchid wrote:No they won't. Turnbull may lose which will give Labor a win by default but unless you find someone better than Shorten to lead you couldn't even win a raffle on your own merits.

Big difference!
wishful thinking. Don't forget, Howard wasn't well liked before he won his first election either. Shorten will win govt. and as long as the internal bickering is kept under control, he'll be there for a long time.

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:15 am

Pack ya bags rtards , it's over