The Adani Mine

Discuss any News, Current Events, Crimes
Forum rules
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Random guest posting.
sprintcyclist

The Adani Mine

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:46 pm

I hope it will not proceed but think it will.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

BigOl64

Re: The Adani Mine

Post by BigOl64 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:13 am

It is just another mine which has very strict environmental controls, whose coal will be used by Indians and Bangladeshis to provide cheap energy to poverty stricken areas and to replace their current low grade coal and cow sh1t heating and cooking systems.

Don't get caught up in the beat up and lies, it is no different to any other mine, and no-one has their panties in a bunch about them.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 am

I have concerns in that Adani said they would hire 'X' local workers.
The world is headed toward robots, I imagine few locals will be employed.

The govt has given them permission to take unlimited water for 60 years at no cost.
Water there is valuable.
that alone could ruin a huge area for farming.
Farming is underated.

Overseas companies are not here to help us.
There is a long history of governments making very bad business deals with overseas companies.
I can see this deal being very bad and giving us almost nothing.

Give the mine to an Aust company.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:I have concerns in that Adani said they would hire 'X' local workers.

The govt has given them permission to take unlimited water for 60 years at no cost.
Water there is valuable.
Farming is underated.

There is a long history of governments making very bad business deals with overseas companies.

Why? Who wants it? Just another Queensland carry-on. Wake up Queensland, the rest of Australia doesn't care that you have Great Weather.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:41 pm

You aren't concerned that the Chinese et al are in control of our resources? No matter which state you hail from?

Personally I think it is a huge concern and if more people actually cared perhaps we could stop our politicians from continually selling us out.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Black Orchid wrote:You aren't concerned that the Chinese et al are in control of our resources? No matter which state you hail from?

Personally I think it is a huge concern and if more people actually cared perhaps we could stop our politicians from continually selling us out.
Australia is owned already by the USA.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:You aren't concerned that the Chinese et al are in control of our resources? No matter which state you hail from?

Australia is owned already by the USA.
Which at least is a western country in keeping with our own but I would say Australia is more owned by China and getting more so by the day.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:14 pm

BigOl64 wrote:It is just another mine which has very strict environmental controls, whose coal will be used by Indians and Bangladeshis to provide cheap energy to poverty stricken areas and to replace their current low grade coal and cow sh1t heating and cooking systems.

Don't get caught up in the beat up and lies, it is no different to any other mine, and no-one has their panties in a bunch about them.
Welcome BigOl :)

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
sprintcyclist wrote:I have concerns in that Adani said they would hire 'X' local workers.

Water there is valuable.
Farming is underated.

Why? Who wants it? Just another Queensland carry-on. Wake up Queensland, the rest of Australia doesn't care that you have Great Weather.

Adani wants it.
Why ?

I don't want the rest of Australia here

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Thanks