The impeachment inquiry

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Nom De Plume

The impeachment inquiry

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:17 am

Fox News host Chris Wallace on Tuesday afternoon said there's "meat on the bones" of the impeachment inquiry launched into President Donald Trump after Fox News judge Andrew Napolitano made similar remarks, saying Trump admitted to a crime, hours before Nancy Pelosi made her announcement.

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-judge ... ry-1461154
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

sprintcyclist

Re: The impeachment inquiry

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:59 pm

We are bored of the endless impeachment rubbish.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:38 pm

They should be concentrating on stable policies and trying to fairly win 2020 instead of constant shrill cries of impeachment. The old "if you can't beat 'em get rid of 'em" tired tactic. :roll:

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Some say this will only bring out all his supporters in support at the next election!

I wonder if it might bring out the silent majority who are horrified at his behaviour to support the Dems

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:57 pm

Are you serious? The silent majority already came out and put him in office. :lol:

With the economy booming do you think they are going to change their mind?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:07 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:57 pm
Are you serious? The silent majority already came out and put him in office. :lol:

With the economy booming do you think they are going to change their mind?
A certain type did true but I think a lot who dont normally vote expected him to lose and are horrified at his behaviour since taking office!

I dont know that the economy is booming because Donald lies through his teeth you know. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Why does The Fed Reserve keep cutting interest rates if it is going so great?

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:00 pm

The Dems have been sore losers since he won.

Find a good candidate, get some policies and get on with winning.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:06 pm

I imagine the Federal Reserve are cutting rates in fear of the trade war with China.

The unemployment rate in the US is the lowest it's been since 1969. The unemployment rate for black Americans is the lowest it's been since the 1970s. The unemployment rate for women is at a 60 year low. Wages have increased etc etc. I honestly don't understand what problems the left have with that.

Trump has his flaws, and plenty of them, but regardless of that you can't argue with what he is achieving since he has been in office.

Economic growth is slowing in China and probably a lot more than is stated. They flood the world with cheap plastic crap, steal intellectual property and want to be the world's leading nation either by drowning them in cheap plastic crap, stealing from them or taking over South Pacific Islands and building military bases in preparation for their march towards world domination. We live in a world of surplus goods and services and I think China's continuing challenge for world domination will be their downfall. Why do you lefties always swing towards China and why shouldn't Trump be trying to rectify the trade deficit with China in favour of the US?

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:23 pm

The entire planet is heading towards a global reset.
Interest rates worldwide are heading towards negative.
Even the fool Lowe is talking about going to .75%
It wont be long before negative rates will be commonplace.....
I would take reports of the US economy with a grain of salt......
The BIS tells central banks what to do....and they do it....
Australian rates are heading down...compare Australias economy
with that of the US...…
If any country's economy was going gangbusters...theyd be putting rates up...…..
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Raise your hand if you saw this coming?

After days of impeachment fever and breathless hot takes about Trump being taken down by a non-scandal involving a whistle-blower and a call to Ukraine, we are starting to get more information about just who is involved in this. You’d be completely not shocked to learn that the whistle-blower has retained the services of a lawyer who worked for Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer, not as a disconnected lawyer, but on their political staffs.

And stick around, because it gets even worse.

The anonymous person who filed a formal, uncorroborated complaint against President Donald Trump for allegedly asking a foreign leader to investigate corruption related to Joe Biden now has a legal team that includes a Democratic operative who worked for Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.).

Andrew Bakaj, now a managing partner at the Compass Rose Legal Group, interned for Schumer in the spring of 2001 and for Clinton in the fall of the same year, according to Bakaj’s LinkedIn page. More recently, Bakaj has worked as an official in the CIA and Pentagon and specializes in whistleblower and security clearances in his legal practice.

You know what I wouldn’t do if I wanted my complaint to be taken seriously and not considered partisan? I wouldn’t go hire a former staffer for Hillary Rodham Clinton who also worked within the agencies in question. That seems like a bit of a conflict, especially when the entire basis of impeachment is presupposed on the condition of the unbiased nature of the whistle-blower.

Oh, but it doesn’t end there. Here’s the really good stuff.

The anonymous U.S. intelligence official accusing President Trump of improperly pressuring Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden is represented by two lawyers who run a group that offers financial help to fired whistleblowers.

Whistleblower Aid was launched in September 2017 — eight months after Trump’s inauguration — with an advertising blitz that involved mobile billboards being driven close to the White House, Congress, outside the Pentagon, and around the headquarters of the CIA and National Security Agency.

The group’s pledge of support, in addition to free legal representation including rent and mortgage assistance, media coaching, and doctor’s bills and counseling, is controversial among lawyers. Critics say it violates attorney ethics.

Yes, you read that right. This lawyer and his group formed an organization that pays anti-Trump “whistle-blowers” to come forward and lodge complaints. Further, they offer free legal representation and a myriad of other payments, including mortgage assistance for some reason.

Now, I’m no legal expert, but that seems pretty low brow and unethical to me. It seems like the kind of situation that would bring partisan actors out of the woodwork in order to benefit from the situation. Especially when the law will protect their anonymity the entire way.

This lawyer himself is anything but an unbiased observer.
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/0 ... le-blower/

:oops This whole thing will kill their duplicitous bid for 2020.