hillary depositioned

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
sprintcyclist

hillary depositioned

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:08 pm

I don't know what depositioned means, but when a Judge says 'Come here', it's probably not too good.
A federal judge on Monday ordered former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to sit for a deposition in a lawsuit related to her use of a private email server while at the State Department.

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth issued the order in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed more than five years ago by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group.

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit looking for information on whether Hillary Clinton intentionally skirted the Freedom of Information Act by relying on a private server and email account to do government business.

“The court agrees with Judicial Watch — it is time to hear directly from Secretary Clinton,” wrote Judge Lamberth, who was appointed by then-President Ronald Reagan.

Questions about Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private server dogged her during the 2016 presidential election. She has always denied wrongdoing, even as she was grilled by congressional lawmakers.

Mrs. Clinton maintained during her presidential campaign that she had already answered numerous questions about the matter. But Judge Lamberth said those responses were “either incomplete, unhelpful or cursory at best.”

“Simply put her responses left many more questions than answers,” he said, adding that relying on written responses will only muddle the picture.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... mails-jud/
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Texan

Re: hillary depositioned

Post by Texan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:42 pm

I think a deposition counts as a testimony under oath. Not good for Hillary. She broke all kinds of laws by using her unsecured server. Anybody who did classified business with Hillary's private email should be in major trouble.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:13 am

Texan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:42 pm
I think a deposition counts as a testimony under oath. Not good for Hillary. She broke all kinds of laws by using her unsecured server. Anybody who did classified business with Hillary's private email should be in major trouble.
Thank you.
So, the rubber is hitting the road ? I would not want to be in her shoes.

I'ld imagine the Legal system thinks she 'insulted' their institution.
Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, Judges egos are enormous and they have the power.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:01 am

sprintcyclist wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:13 am
Texan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:42 pm
Thank you.
So, the rubber is hitting the road ? I would not want to be in her shoes.

I'ld imagine the Legal system thinks she 'insulted' their institution.
Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, Judges egos are enormous and they have the power.
I think. I've heard the term " sworn deposition " and that may not be what this is. I'm not a lawyer.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:10 am

I just read a Fox news article. From what I gather, Hillary's statute of limitations has expired and she can't be tried for her crimes, but there is a catch. In a sworn deposition for an expired case, she cannot plead the 5th and not testify. Also, if she lies she can be tried for perjury. So her options are to dirty the Clinton name and reputation or risk going to prison for lying.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-nap ... lliam-barr

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 am

Why is so much faith placed on being 'under oath'? Hillary couldn't lie straight in bed and she would say anything if she thought she could get away with it.

She's probably much more likely to get away with lies than she is to be charged with perjury.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:29 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 am
Why is so much faith placed on being 'under oath'? Hillary couldn't lie straight in bed and she would say anything if she thought she could get away with it.

She's probably much more likely to get away with lies than she is to be charged with perjury.
Because she can't deny that she transmitted classified data on her personal server. She also has to justify why she thought this was not highly illegal. She will be ruined from any political position ever again. I would spend years in prison for far less and I only dealt with Secret information. She had a Top Secret Security Clearance. She knew better.

Being under oath puts her under penalty of perjury and she CAN go to prison for that. Her choice is to incriminate herself or go to prison for lying about her criminal activities. This deposition will also be video recorded.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:33 am

Yet they wait until the statute of limitations runs out before purportedly going after her?

The4thEstate

Post by The4thEstate » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Unfortunately, my bet is that Hillary will suffer a sudden attack of amnesia if she ever takes a seat on the witness stand.

Nobody has mastered the use of the phrase, "I don't recall" like Hillary has.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Good points, Black Orchid and 4th Estate