Our covid strategies are working

All things Health (including Viruses like Covid)
sprintcyclist

Our covid strategies are working

Post by sprintcyclist » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:11 pm

We are improving.
Many Australians will die, but we can do this.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default ... k=hyvYw2Ds

One of our friends has tested positive.
Another friend from work has a sore throat and a headache

We have to be strict on social distancing and hygiene.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

cods

Re: Our covid strategies are working

Post by cods » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:51 am

figures are dropping but some still flout the rules..

time to name and shame.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:40 pm

cods wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:51 am
figures are dropping but some still flout the rules..

time to name and shame.
Well, the rate of increase is decreasing.
But it is increasing by about 8% per day. That is considered to be good.

I am frightened.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:49 pm

Talking to a mate today, he referred to a neighbours kids (millennials) who just aren't getting the
message...they think its just the flu and are not social distancing...treating it all as not serious at all.....
Whilst all millennials are not like this, I tend to think that they are going to make it difficult for the rest
of us.....
Some of them just haven't got any brains.....
I wont take any figures (flattening of the curve) as gospel until maybe a few weeks time....a couple of days is not long enough...
One swallow doesn't make a summer......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:03 pm

Some of them are just stupid. The backpackers in Sydney are openly out in groups and flaunting the lock down laws which only end up making it worse for the rest of us.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 pm

From a FB acquaintance

Having seen the huge number of Brazo backpackers out in full force in Manly just now (I went for a quick walk down at the beach after work), not giving a crap, I have decided they are the lowest life form, with complete and utter disregard and disrespect for anyone but themselves. And of course, as soon as someone called the cops to report them, those scumbags of course did the runner, despite numerous people asking them to break it up and move on beforehand, only to be met with laughs and sniggers. Shame we can’t send those backpacking arseholes back to Brazil.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:03 pm
Some of them are just stupid. The backpackers in Sydney are openly out in groups and flaunting the lock down laws which only end up making it worse for the rest of us.
Yes, NSW is the most affected and trending the worst.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:22 pm

If these fools don't obey the rules the government just makes the restrictions tighter and tighter and we all suffer as a consequence.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:26 pm

Gordon wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 pm
From a FB acquaintance

Having seen the huge number of Brazo backpackers out in full force in Manly just now (I went for a quick walk down at the beach after work), not giving a crap, I have decided they are the lowest life form, with complete and utter disregard and disrespect for anyone but themselves. And of course, as soon as someone called the cops to report them, those scumbags of course did the runner, despite numerous people asking them to break it up and move on beforehand, only to be met with laughs and sniggers. Shame we can’t send those backpacking arseholes back to Brazil.
I mentioned this is another thread but the backpackers were out in full force in Bondi. Groups drinking and picnicking. Before the news ended the cops were onto them and dispersed them. I would prefer to have seen them locked up. Selfish morons.

They said they believe it's these backpackers who are spreading the virus around in that area and have made Bondi/Waverley Sydney's fastest spreading hot spot.

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:48 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:26 pm
Gordon wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 pm
From a FB acquaintance

I mentioned this is another thread but the backpackers were out in full force in Bondi. Groups drinking and picnicking. Before the news ended the cops were onto them and dispersed them. I would prefer to have seen them locked up. Selfish morons.

They said they believe it's these backpackers who are spreading the virus around in that area and have made Bondi/Waverley Sydney's fastest spreading hot spot.

It's just the nature of the place, busy, lots of tourists. I've been driving down there nearly every day and just sitting in the car, too busy to get out.
I'll stick to the harbour side for a while, lots of places the Coronapackers don't know about :)