Position of Moderator

This folder contains Archived threads.
Aussie

Position of Moderator

Post by Aussie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 pm

As I foreshadowed during the Election, I will appoint a Moderator. However, I will only do so after hearing from the Members. So, here is your chance to have you say, and even put your hand up for the job. All welcome.

In say the last five years, Admin/Mod at PA has been made up of Originals Animals(with the exception of Hebe who is no longer here.............................yeah, thanks for that IQ) that is those who have been here since day dot. As I have already stated, my personal preference now is that we Originals give way to newer blood for the Moderator position. That is not to say that if most Members support the appointment of someone other than a Newby, I would ignore it. I fact, I would act upon it.

So, over to you.

Please try to keep civil, wot?

Lisa

Re: Position of Moderator

Post by Lisa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Wasn't the election for a moderator?

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:31 pm

What does a Moderator actually do on here Aussie?

What does the position entail/mean?

Is there another separate election held in order to appoint one?

If there is an election involved .. will I be allowed to vote in it?

I'm only asking all this because I just don't know.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Ned Kelly

Post by Ned Kelly » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Lisa Jones, this is an excerpt from the current Constitution provides concerning "moderators."

Role of exalted leader

Exalted leader has authority over forum policy and the day to day administration of the forum. This includes:
* appointing moderators......................
Technically that means Exalted Leader (I prefer to use the expression Admin.) may appoint them, and I have made a commitment to appoint one. I have also promised to consult with Members before I make that appointment. See the Opening Post.

Moderators will be responsible for the day to day conduct of the Forum, within the policies as set out by Admin. They will have access to almost all the buttons......and I presently have in mind that they ought not be able to ban.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Ahhh gotcha now.

Thanks for that info.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Banning is a blunt weapon, last resort. Warnings, short suspensions, longer suspensions etc should mean bannings would be pretty rare. boxy and AiA banned 1 member in 12 months which is about as rarely as it should be needed.

skippy

Post by skippy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:38 pm

In the interests of this board moving forward and surviving I suggest the position of moderator be voted on, not appointed.
If you just appoint a moderator Aussie, that person will be seem as your "bitch" if we all get to vote for them no one can cry foul of a set up.

skippy

Post by skippy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:Banning is a blunt weapon, last resort. Warnings, short suspensions, longer suspensions etc should mean bannings would be pretty rare. boxy and AiA banned 1 member in 12 months which is about as rarely as it should be needed.
Who did they ban???????????????????????????

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Mods are appointed, look in the constitution.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Sprinty.