How does this guy still have his job?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Plough

How does this guy still have his job?

Post by Plough » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Smacks of a desperate Government putting up with anything to cling to power!!!!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/craig-tho ... 6119254263

Aussie

Re: How does this guy still have his job?

Post by Aussie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Do you know if he was authorised to use the card for those purposes?

Plough

Post by Plough » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Aussie wrote:Do you know if he was authorised to use the card for those purposes?
I would supprised if visits to the Knock shop and $100k in cash wihdrawls would be authorised behaviour! If it is I may well apply for a job!

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Plough wrote:
Aussie wrote:Do you know if he was authorised to use the card for those purposes?
I would supprised if visits to the Knock shop and $100k in cash wihdrawls would be authorised behaviour! If it is I may well apply for a job!
Well, he has already explained the knock shop stuff. As for the cash withdrawals, he may well have had authority.

Face it Plough, the Opposition are going to run as hard as they can on this, as it might give them a vital edge in Parliament. Equally, Gillard will want to keep him there. But, let's not support hysteria. This bloke owes no explanation unless someone comes up with conduct on his part which is established by some evidence, as unlawful.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Vic Libs paid $145k in legal fees for one of their own. There is dear old quokka abusing-chair sniffing-Adele Carles banging WA Lib Buswell.

And no one is interested in prosecuting Thomson. Not the union nor the cops.

Plough

Post by Plough » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:Vic Libs paid $145k in legal fees for one of their own. There is dear old quokka abusing-chair sniffing-Adele Carles banging WA Lib Buswell.

And no one is interested in prosecuting Thomson. Not the union nor the cops.
May well be the case but it not what we are talking a bout is it. The union are not interested in prosecuting him because of the labor conection and he is "one of theirs" Chair sniffer can bang who he likes as long as he doesnt use members funds to do it!!

Yes Aussie he has denied the Knock shop stuff, it was someone else he says, but the booking was made on his phone, His drivers licence was provided as proof of identity and the signiture is a match for his card. He id not being truthfull. If he was he would not have withdrawn his defimation action against the Fairfax group.

I dont care if he pays for a root, good luck to him. The fact he seems to have used union members funds to do is the thing. He fact that he seems to have acted inapropriatley.

He is not fit. I would apply the same argument to the other side of politics if it were to rise its head.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Plough....for there to be a crime....there needs to be a victim who complains.

Rainbow Moonlight

Post by Rainbow Moonlight » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:29 am

Is there any law which means he has to resign. i don't see him doing so unless he has to legally.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:38 am

No, there has to be a complaint, then a police investigation, then a charge laid, then a committal hearing then a lower court hearing and appeal etc. 2013 election will be over before that happens.

Yes, plow, Buswell did use funds other than his own.

People that go into politics—on either side—have bigger than normal egos and many have trouble keeping their dick in their pants and their hands out of other people’s pockets

Abbott likes to use dirty tricks, wrecking etc because any policy work bores him, the precious petal diddums. If both sides played that way some real dirt would be released.

I prefer politicians concentrated on policy and Labor is introducing some beauties. I don’t know if you watched parliament yesterday but there was Albo with a stack of folders a foot high—regulations about to be abolished to detailed, grinding work harmonising state regulations and so on. Will save business billions a year.

The NBN will save business even more money, save a motza in health which is good because we have the Baby Boomers about to start retiring and ageing and needing more and more health services and thanks to the NBN they will be able to stay in their own homes for much longer, taking a huge weight of the hospital and nursing home sector. And the NBN costs but 0.8% of govt outlays each year, a trivial sum. Ditto the Health Reforms. What a crime the fucking Libs would undo much of this, like abandoning eHealth, like the plain wrapping for cigarettes if they won in 2013?

That is what is important!

Plough

Post by Plough » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:35 am

Jovial Monk wrote:No, there has to be a complaint, then a police investigation, then a charge laid, then a committal hearing then a lower court hearing and appeal etc. 2013 election will be over before that happens.

Yes, plow, Buswell did use funds other than his own.

People that go into politics—on either side—have bigger than normal egos and many have trouble keeping their dick in their pants and their hands out of other people’s pockets

Abbott likes to use dirty tricks, wrecking etc because any policy work bores him, the precious petal diddums. If both sides played that way some real dirt would be released.

I prefer politicians concentrated on policy and Labor is introducing some beauties. I don’t know if you watched parliament yesterday but there was Albo with a stack of folders a foot high—regulations about to be abolished to detailed, grinding work harmonising state regulations and so on. Will save business billions a year.

The NBN will save business even more money, save a motza in health which is good because we have the Baby Boomers about to start retiring and ageing and needing more and more health services and thanks to the NBN they will be able to stay in their own homes for much longer, taking a huge weight of the hospital and nursing home sector. And the NBN costs but 0.8% of govt outlays each year, a trivial sum. Ditto the Health Reforms. What a crime the fucking Libs would undo much of this, like abandoning eHealth, like the plain wrapping for cigarettes if they won in 2013?

That is what is important!
I think you will find that Buswell did not use funds other than his own inappropriatley. Whether his actions were moral or not is another question!!

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 5883266340

My argument is not whether this guy paid for a root. That I dont care about. It is the fact that he inappropriatley used his union members funds to do so. The fact that his denials are un convincing given the evidence and his actions could easily be seen as fraudulent.

It is my view that he is unfit for the job he is doing. I believe if this had been Joe Hockey for example, both Monk and Aussie would have been all over him like a seagull on a chip. calling for his resignation etc etc.