Whats the point?

Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
The Reboot

Re: Whats the point?

Post by The Reboot » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Bogan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 am
The way to box in Brian is to understand that his ideology is full of contradictions and double standards. He already knows that but he does not care, so it makes you wonder what his real agenda is?

If you have a shot at Muslims, Brian will pop up and say how wrong it is to judge individuals by their group associations. He has almost certainly thrown that one at you a dozen times already, right? It is important for you to cut and paste any declaration by Briney which states his position. So, when he makes a statement like that, you cut it out and paste it in a "clangers" file.

For example.

Brian Ross quotes
I don't try and judge people on their membership of a group.
I suggest that people should not be prejudged.
I suggest that people should not be judged by their group associations
OK, so Brian is declaring that individual people must not be prejudged by their group associations. But does Brian abide by his own moral boundary which he insists that his opponents must abide by? Of course not. Here is Brian doing what he insists is utterly wrong.

Brian Ross quotes
There were no good Nazis. Satisfied, John? Its a meaningless comment when it has no context. Of course there were Nazis of varying commitment to the cause, just as in any political movement. Those that moved on the fringes, were members of the Party for reasons of expediency, such as Werner von Braun and so on. Speer was the only member of the Nazi leadership to admit his guilt. Von Stauffenberg while not a member of the Party, did initially support Hitler's rise to power. However he then attempted to assassinate Hitler. So, it appears my comment that "as soon as someone became a "good Nazi", they ceased to be a Nazi." is perhaps correct - so literally, there could be by definition, no "good Nazis".
We have proof that there were no good Nazis
I have so many quotes from Brian where he prejudges and negatively stereotyped groups of people that he detests that I don't need any more. The two examples above were for Nazis. Now, remember that Brian claims that judging individuals (stereotyping) by their group associations' is wrong. But this is a rule he never applies to Nazis, the KKK, or any other group he does not like. This has been pointed out to him dozens of times, but he never acknowledges the clear contradiction or ever stops doing it himself. A few times he has come up with some lame excuse to try and excuse his exceptionalism to his own stated moral principle, but then he runs afoul of another one of his principles, his declared opposition to "exceptionalism."
Brian Ross quote

As usual, FE you appear to believe in US exceptionalism. The US can never be judged as harshly as it judges others. Sorry, I apply the same rules to all.
That has to take the cake when it comes to hypocrisy, because if there is one thing that characterises Brian's debating style, it is his declarations of moral principles he insists his opponents must abide by, which he has no intention of doing himself. In summary, Brian Ross is a thoroughly dishonest debater more concerned with stifling debate than engaging in debate. That is why you find it so frustrating to "debate" against him.

To summarise, if you do not have time to take the trouble to keep a "clangers" file on Brian then you may as well give up and not even try to "debate" against him. But if you do have the time and inclination to beat him, then keeping a clangers file is absolutely necessary so that you can keep track of his hypocrisy.

The things to look for is any statement by Brian which declares his position.

For example Brian Ross quote

Racism, no matter what its motivation or reason, still stinks like the turd it is, Herbie. No matter how you rationalise it, the end result is that people are judged not for who they are or what they can do but rather by the colour of their skin or the shape of their eyes or their nose or some other superficial matter. It was the ultimate justification for imperialism, the Holocaust and numerous attempts and even some successes at genocide. You should hang your head in shame and stand in the corner, Herbie, attempting to justify the unjustifiable.
OK, so Brian has declared that he is against racism. So how does he justify his own racist positions?
So? Are you claiming that Australians weren't Xenophobic, John?
You put three Jews in a room and you'll get four opinions. You put three Muslims in a room and you'll have a schism followed by a civil war. You put three Christians in a room and they'll be playing "pass the parcel" faster than you can blink an eye.
I don't detest Americans. In fact I quite like them. They provide me with endless hours of amusement and I actually believe they have considerable potential, once they shed their arrogance to be sensible people.
Many Americans have insufferable hubris and almost completely lack empathy for any point of view other than their own. Their ignorance about any other society is another annoying feature. Their belief in exceptionalism of course is rather annoying as well. Oh, and their propensity for electing fools to lead them but perhaps that's a symptom of the previous points?
Ever been to India, John-boy (to continue in your vein of southern redneckism)?
OK, so look for racist statements from Brian Ross and you just knocked him right off his virtue signalling, moral posturing, anti racist position. Same with any statements by Brian stereotyping anybody. This may be difficult for you to do, because people think by stereotyping concepts so it is quite natural to think that way. So if Brian stereotypes anybody you might not even recognise it because it is completely natural and everybody does it. But Brian has declared stereotyping wrong, so when he does it, recognise it for what it is. Then cut and paste it and chuck it back in his face the next time he gets up on his soapbox and tells his opponents how stereotyping is wrong.

Examples Brian Ross quotes
Erik so you're obviously one of the so called "sporting shooters" and demonstrating the typical hot headedness.
All boys are little ****s, John,
Ignorance is always attractive to Conservatives because it allows them to maintain their rule over society.
By stereotyping, Brian is breaking another of his self declared moral principles, that of judging individuals by their group associations.

if you take the time to do this, Brian can never intimidate or frustrate you again. It becomes quite fun to show what a hypocrite he is, and it sticks a pin in his overly inflated ego.
The forum wouldn't be half as fun if we couldn't laugh at that twat.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:04 pm

:thumb

I feel sorry for the poor bastard.....well..no...I don't...…..
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:04 pm
:thumb

I feel sorry for the poor bastard.....well..no...I don't...…..
I was worried for a sec there, Billy :lol:

I wouldn't piss on it to put it out if it was on fire, let alone waste empathy on it...

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:11 am

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/09/aust ... isoned-in-

How absolutely stupid do you have to be to visit an islamic shithole like Iran...and to break the stigma
that countries get in the media...maybe that stigma is justified...

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/09/aust ... to-muslims

Of course, we have to continue to kowtow to islam…..does anyone in South Australia have half a brain.....no, I guess not....
The kowcowing is not just in SA.....
I don't think Id buy any meat if I knew the animal was slaughtered in accordance with Islamic requirements...
I think every butcher should be compelled to have the very same sign...
Its all getting rather ridiculous isn't it....
Vegan extremists are going nuts..a woman goes to the Supreme Court because she cant handle the smell
of a barbque from neighbours...extremists invade rural properties...etc etc...
BUT a butcher cant tell his customers that his meat is non halal certified...
But I digress...
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Another lefty grievance and offence Council joining the Oppression Olympics and out to kill the average Aussie business with their fake claims of offence and vilification in favour of minorities. I am sick to death of these bodies as are most Aussies.

As for those who are being detained in Iran. Tough luck! I bet they are idiot lefty progressives too.

Seriously when are we going to stand up and make Australia great again? Image

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Repeating the claims of an Islamophobic website again, Billy? Really? :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Fuck off brian….god Id love to meet you in a fkn dark alley one nite…
You would have to be the most hated person on any forum Ive ever been on...and that's a few...

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:45 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 pm
You would have to be the most hated person on any forum Ive ever been on...and that's a few...
Nah, there are worse than me, mate. A lot worse. I'm a mild mannered little guy who just asks difficult questions - questions it seems you don't like to answer. :roll:

Anyway, why would you want to meet me in a dark ally one night (please note the correct spelling)? You might be surprised what I am capable of... :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:00 pm

After watching your absolutely pathetic responses to bogan on several threads which have left you in
a jibbering, blubbering mess...Im not going to waste my time conversing with you in any debate...hence the
title of the thread.."whats the point".....youre a fuckwit...end of story....

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:02 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:45 pm
billy the kid wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:41 pm
Nah, there are worse than me, mate. A lot worse. I'm a mild mannered little guy who just asks difficult questions - questions it seems you don't like to answer. :roll:

Anyway, why would you want to meet me in a dark ally one night (please note the correct spelling)? You might be surprised what I am capable of... :roll:
Alley IS the correct spelling Brian. :roll: