Sciences, Environmental/Climate issues, Academia and Technical interests
Nom De Plume

Re: Climate Change

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:16 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:37 am
Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:44 pm
The reality is that the Green Deal [and its massive debt load] will amount to a drag on German manufacturing and the eurozone economy as a whole."
"Privately, a lot of people are admitting that Trump is doing the stuff we should be doing - fiscal stimulus."
Simply put, Ferguson dares to say that all the virtue-signaling is not in any way candid, because if it were, they would admit that
"60% of CO2 emissions since Greta Thunberg was born is attributable to China... but nobody talks about that. They talk as if its somehow Europeans and Americans who are going to fix this problem... which is frustrating because it doesn't get to the heart of the matter."
Ferguson comfortably admits that there is a climate change problem, but that's not the point. The point is what are we going to do about it, to which he asks rhetorically...
"If you're serious about slowing CO2 emissions and temperatures rising it has to be China and India that are constrained."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ling-greta
yes
Psst Brian... Just a bump as you haven't responded to the comments by Ferguson and given that he and you are historians, talking about global warming... I wanted your in put. :buddy
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:24 pm

My input?

My only input is that the world needs to come to it's senses - the whole world and that includes China and India. We are rapidly destroying the environment. The Atmosphere, the Oceans, the earth. I am starting to think that we are the thing that is poisoning Gaia. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:28 pm

It seems that China is currently trying to reduce their population, one at a time, which might help things. :rofl

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:16 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
The reality is that the Green Deal [and its massive debt load] will amount to a drag on German manufacturing and the eurozone economy as a whole."
"Privately, a lot of people are admitting that Trump is doing the stuff we should be doing - fiscal stimulus."
Simply put, Ferguson dares to say that all the virtue-signaling is not in any way candid, because if it were, they would admit that
"60% of CO2 emissions since Greta Thunberg was born is attributable to China... but nobody talks about that. They talk as if its somehow Europeans and Americans who are going to fix this problem... which is frustrating because it doesn't get to the heart of the matter."
Ferguson comfortably admits that there is a climate change problem, but that's not the point. The point is what are we going to do about it, to which he asks rhetorically...
"If you're serious about slowing CO2 emissions and temperatures rising it has to be China and India that are constrained."

yes
Psst Brian... Just a bump as you haven't responded to the comments by Ferguson and given that he and you are historians, talking about global warming... I wanted your in put. :buddy
brian ross wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:24 pm
My input?

My only input is that the world needs to come to it's senses - the whole world and that includes China and India. We are rapidly destroying the environment. The Atmosphere, the Oceans, the earth. I am starting to think that we are the thing that is poisoning Gaia. :roll
Thanks BR. Much appreciated.

And now, to the rest of the forum members... Did y'all see what just happened? Of course you didn't. I've learnt from the likes of Reboot and the man in drag... Juliar that the collective IQ of the forum has noticeably dropped. Sad really...

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:03 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
sprintcyclist wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:

yes
brian ross wrote:
My input?

And now, to the rest of the forum members... Did y'all see what just happened? Of course you didn't. I've learnt from the likes of Reboot and the man in drag... Juliar that the collective IQ of the forum has noticeably dropped. Sad really...
Bumpity Bump... still don't get it do you Sprint... is that why you post pictures instead?
Nevermind… you are very clever at posting silly pictures...Good job!

I predict that Bogan will get it.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
sprintcyclist wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:

yes
brian ross wrote:
My input?

Tsk tsk. Pointless, personal insults in a thread I don't participate in. Ironic that you should call me an "uneducated idiot" when you were the one making dumb-arse statements in the first place. You chucked another one of your hissy-fits and now your childish "anti-intellectualism" is on display again.

And yes, I saw what happened. I was trying not to throw up while you proceeded to kiss the arse of Greta, Nom De Good-rim. :rofl

Off you go, go frolick in the mud with your new lover. :roll: :roll:

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:49 pm

The Reboot wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:
sprintcyclist wrote:
Nom De Plume wrote:

yes
brian ross wrote:
My input?

Tsk tsk. Pointless, personal insults in a thread I don't participate in. Ironic that you should call me an "uneducated idiot" when you were the one making dumb-arse statements in the first place. You chucked another one of your hissy-fits and now your childish "anti-intellectualism" is on display again.

And yes, I saw what happened. I was trying not to throw up while you proceeded to kiss the arse of Greta, Nom De Good-rim. :rofl

Off you go, go frolick in the mud with your new lover. :roll: :roll:
What a lot of wasted words... you are wrong by the way... it has nothing to do with Greta. See, you really are stupid! On the upside, Sprint can post pictures! Can you?

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 pm

Bogan wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:06 am
Washington Post, 7 October 2018

"The world has barely 10 years left to get climate under control, UN scientists say."

Associated Press June 3 1989 Headline. UN Predicts Disaster If Global Warming Not Checked. "A senior UN official has said that entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by 2000."

The Canberra Times Sept. :roll 1988. Maldives. "A gradual rise in average sea levels is threatening to completely cover this Indian Ocean nation of 1196 small islands within the next 30 years, according to authorities."

Maldives today.

http://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYB ... 9808179081 :rofl

The Guardian (who lists the story as "more than 11 years old) announced that "President Obama has four years to save the earth."

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... nsen-obama

The World Economic Forum in 2017 upped Hanson's "four years" and went for three. We have a bidding war here, folks.

http://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/07/t ... estruction

Before Global Warming, Global Cooling.

The Guardian November 20, 1974 "The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as new source of death and misery for mankind."

The Guardian. January 29, 1974 Heading. "Satellites Show New Ice Age is Coming Fast."

Science News. March 1st, 1975. "The Ice Age Cometh."

Newsweek. April 28, 1975. "There are ominous signs that the earth's weather patterns have begun to change dramatically, and that these changes will portend a drastic decline in food production. The evidence in support of thee predictions has started to accumulate so massively that meteorologists are hard pressed to keep up with them. Climatologists are pessimistic that political leaders will take any positive action to compensate for climate change and it's effects. They propose that covering the polar ice caps with soot may prevent global cooling."
:nah
Brisbane Courier Mail, Jan 10, 1871, responding to three consecutive years of severe drought. "Every season is said to be extraordinary. Every month, the wettest, or driest, or windiest, or hottest, or coldest, ever known. Much observation, which should correct a tendency to exaggerate, seems in the minds of some, a tendency to completely exaggerate it."
Good posting
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair