Re: Texans Balls Are Frozen?

Post by Bobby » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:23 pm

Texan wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:47 pm
Bobby wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:11 pm

But Biden just ordered air strikes in Syria -
many people died -
he's getting the USA involved in more Middle East wars.
I know this well. My son is in the military that does the bombing. I voted for Trump.

Well write Biden an email and start it off -

Listen here - you demented old fool ......

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 pm

Texans were asked to conserve energy on Tuesday, amid fears that power demand was close to outstripping supply in the state only two months after millions were hit by blackouts during a winter storm.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which manages the state's power grid, warned on Tuesday that it was on the verge of issuing an emergency declaration because of inaccurate power generation forecasts and the closure of power plants for maintenance.

ERCOT was criticized for its handling of the fierce winter storm in February, in which more than 100 people died. Six board members subsequently resigned and the chief executive was ousted.

"Due to a combination of high generation outages typical in April and higher than forecasted demand from a stalled cold front over Texas, ERCOT may enter into emergency conditions this afternoon," said Woody Rickerson, an ERCOT vice president, in a statement emailed to Newsweek on Tuesday.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-power-el ... cy-1583478

Meanwhile, energy supply companies are dropping like flies... going bankrupt they are...
Third energy firm declares bankruptcy in Texas snow storm fallout

Griddy Energy, the Texan energy supplier that encouraged customers to leave its service during recent snowstorms, has become the third energy firm in the state to file for bankruptcy as a result of grid disruption.

In hearings, Texas lawmakers have heard that both generators and utilities could be at risk of bankruptcy.

During the snap freeze, temperatures fell below -10°C in areas where they would rarely dip below 5°C. This froze up gas supply lines and machinery, in turn limiting supply to the state’s power plants. Wind turbines seized up and 45GW of generation capacity went offline during the storms. Meanwhile, the cold caused a surge of demand in Texas’ energy systems.

https://www.power-technology.com/news/i ... ces-ercot/
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:20 pm

An opinion now and then might elicit more responses rather than massive blocks of copy and paste text.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:20 pm
An opinion now and then might elicit more responses rather than massive blocks of copy and paste text.
An opinion... Well, Texan said that all is well now that the power was back on... but he was profoundly wrong. Things are deeply wrong in Texas and getting worse.

Add to that the failed crops this season due to the cold snap, the rising cost of petrol and gas and electricity and what you have is a serious crisis.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."